Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there im picking up my nice new honda fury from a dealler here on Saturday and really can't wait to get it..

I'm a 30yo lad from Northern Ireland that just wants to say hi to all.....

· Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Welcome to the Fury community! my advice is not to look at many of the bikes around here or you'll be broke from all the things you'll want to buy for your bike after seeing there's lol, just kidding. Lots of good information and lots of good looking bikes around here so expect to do a lot of reading and drooling.

Don

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
welcome from TEXAS, what are your current weather conditions like, will you commute in it?
Weather is not good at the mo but that doesnt bother me one bit. If the bike gets dirty ill clean it if it gets wet ill dry it and if it get damaged ill most likly cry but then fix it. lol I'm a trained painter and have been since I was 16, and im now a master motor tech so nothing stops me lol

Ps Yes would have really been the easy answer there lol...:):):)

· Registered
625 Posts
Hi there im picking up my nice new honda fury from a dealler here on Saturday and really can't wait to get it..

Hi Marc30ni,
I also have a blue one & I live in Jersey.

· Registered
53 Posts
Weather is not good at the mo but that doesnt bother me one bit. If the bike gets dirty ill clean it if it gets wet ill dry it and if it get damaged ill most likly cry but then fix it. lol I'm a trained painter and have been since I was 16, and im now a master motor tech so nothing stops me lol

Ps Yes would have really been the easy answer there lol...:):):)
That sir, is a damn fine answer! you are a serious motorcycle rider.
Happy ridin' and get some pics up asap.

· Registered
1,010 Posts

Hey congrats on the bike... when I was over there in September last year the Fury was not out then over there... What part of N. Ireland are you in... My GF has some family there... Cheers.

· Registered
500 Posts
Welcome to the club laddie; man I'd love to throw a leg over the fury and go on a little motor tour of the emerald isle. Bet it's just beautiful over there. Assuming one remembers of course at night to always stay off the moors!! (Wahoooooooooooooo .... :)

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey congrats on the bike... when I was over there in September last year the Fury was not out then over there... What part of N. Ireland are you in... My GF has some family there... Cheers.
I'm from a small town called Killyleagh on the Co Down Coast... These bikes are just out over here I think the date was sometime in Feb this year...

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to the club laddie; man I'd love to throw a leg over the fury and go on a little motor tour of the emerald isle. Bet it's just beautiful over there. Assuming one remembers of course at night to always stay off the moors!! (Wahoooooooooooooo .... :)
Ill give you this it is nice on clear day...
Do you know why Ireland is so green, its because it rains so much over here even the water has talken to run up the hill lol

Im from the North of Ireland tho or Northern Ireland, its a place in its own right and is still part of the uk. Only problem with that is you get nutters with guns not wanting it to be and other that do. Fun times lol

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quick Update

Lifted my new bike yesterday morning a 9am. YES 9am the dealer wasn't even open when I got there lol and just over 124 miles later O M G what a bike.

Small problem tho, the rear suspension. It's a hard as a brick to the head lol i've it backed off as for as that knob will let me and our roads are not great but I did go from a Honda VFR 800 vtec to this.

It's power for a legs forword bike is great, I don't think it really was going to be but im well happy. Now about the exhausts sound, I don't know how it sounds around the U S but get it between town walls and hedges and you hear yourself all right. Must be are Irish roads lol.

Mods to my new bike all ready done as of 9am yesterday (while I was waiting on the salesman to come in) lol keen or what lol are that i've removed the rear seat and all the brackets ie foot pegs and helmet lock from the back of the bike, really like it know cleans it up big time. I've all so moved the front indicators from the up hight on the top yock to sitting on the bottom yoke (I think its beter looking just) have removed the two honda logos on the chrome side trims that cover the shock adjust and reg holder pocket also the small white tank safty sticker has been removed and replaced with a black and white sticker that reads "If you value your teeth, Stay away from my bike" ebay 99p great lol. Pics to follow.

After talking the bike to people's house's (family and friends) to show them it, all you seam to get is people touching my chrome mmmmm gets me mad. lol but they seamed to love it. I let and old family friend Paul who's been working on bikes since he was a wee lad and has restored so lovly looking bike in his day, take my fury for a run, he thought it was a great ride and was like a kid in a candy store when I give him the key and told him to take her a run.

Overall for a bike heavy bike that total defferant to what id been riding it really wasnt that hard to ride. One thing I really thought was going to be a small problem was the wind as it was such an open bike, but it really didnt seam half a bad as I had it in my head...

Anyhow thats my story of day one on my fury, i'm sure you all have had the same loving looks at your and don't need me going on about it.

Later
MT

· Premium Member
6,715 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. N.Ireland Is that a part of Ohio?
Just east of Cleveland

Welcome to the forums!!

Hey moderators. What do you think about making a section in the regional forums for our overseas friends??
That's a good idea, will look into it.

Sounds like your having fun Marc. Let's see some pic's!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.