Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen pictures of the Fury in mags since last year but never seen one until last week. Went down to the local Honda dealer to buy some Amsoil for my Harley. I left with the Fury.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Either you have a very good sales person up there or you made a very great choice!

Welcome and the bike is amazing. You should join us in INDY on the 21st :)

rules to live by on the forum...
1) watch out for reflector police!
2) the best color is BLUE!
3) a smart ass answer is always well appreiciated!

Welcome To becomeing a nice guy! (Nicest guys ride Hondas)

·
Registered
806 Posts

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Hello Dry Dock, and Welcome. Go to Thread; Plant Your Colors! This gives location of members who have Planted Theirs. The FAQ Thread by Red Spawn Silver is a quick read and a 1 year education about the Fury.(go to Honda Fury Forum, then General Discussion, sticky on top. See the past Fury Of The Month Winners thread and Gallery Pictures for Ideas. New Ideas are always welcome. Great search button. We generally have a lot more Fun on this Forum then others, because we take care of Business then go Play and Joke around. :D

PS: What Color?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm back in black.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Yea?
What color?
Have fun spending thousands on mods like most of us.:eek: Well worth it though.
If you want it for your bike you will find it here. Fat tire kits, lights, seats, grips, exhausts, you name it. Even mods created by people in the forum.
Check out the gallery and you will see some amazing pictures.
Congrats and good luck. Hope you got a matte silver.:D

Just read your post on you color. Black is close enough. I guess.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hopefully some swing arm pegs, license plate relocation, some black paint, sissy bar and tool bag will be enough for me. I drilled the baffles a little. I didn't go with the whole 1/2" plus cutting the honeycomb. I just enlarged the two little holes to 3/8" each and left the honeycomb alone.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
hopefully some swing arm pegs, license plate relocation, some black paint, sissy bar and tool bag will be enough for me. I drilled the baffles a little. I didn't go with the whole 1/2" plus cutting the honeycomb. I just enlarged the two little holes to 3/8" each and left the honeycomb alone.
A significant difference or waste of time with drilling the exhaust?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A significant difference or waste of time with drilling the exhaust?
It increased the exhaust note a little. I can at least hear it now. :) but I didn't even remove the baffle. Just had a long 3/8" bit. I wanted a bit more noise but I didn't want to open them up too much and risk popping. It took 5min.

Is it worth it? Depends on what you are after. If you want a viciously loud bike, this is not the mod for you. If you like a quiet ride, but stock is too quiet this may be the right mod for you. It still has a low muffled tone, not a raspy bark.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Welcome!! I think you'll love the bike. Nice to hear someone close I'm in Northern WY.
Thank you. I am enjoying it so far. I have had it since Thursday and have 700miles on it already. Tomorrow we are heading down your way to Devils Tower and Keyhole. Then make our way to Sturgis.

For those interested, here is what my Fury sounds like with my simple exhaust mod. Very tame at idle and low load, but opens up a little when you play...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It seems Youtube lost the audio.

mtdrydocks Fury exhaust mod

I just tucked my cell phone under the strap on the passenger pillon and took off.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Awesome to have you here! Sounds like you already caught the modification bug! LOL! You will find lots of inovative ideas here...and we have fun! Welcome aboard!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts