Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe I'm even posting about a kickstand.
But, Chris Cannella called me and asked if he could test fit a mod'd kickstand on my baby.

He came over yesterday and with this really cool hydraulic jack lifted up my baby and proceeded to fit a newly c&c'd kickstand.

btw, quick tip on replacing a kickstand. attach the spring FIRST then pull the stand towards the REAR of the bike and slide it onto the flange.
easier to wiggle it over the holes that way. Make sure you have someone holding onto that bike; it's a very strong spring!

anyway, this kickstand is heavy looking--billet aluminium (love the way the English say that).
it's got some nice drilled out 'air holes'. it's just very mechanical looking.

it fit nicely. he's going to do some tweaking this weekend and then re-fit it.
if it fits the way he likes it, it'll get chromed and installed.

Modding with a freakin' kickstand--whooda thunk it?

I'll post pix once the process is completed.

· Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Thanks for the update Stan. I for one am really looking forward to this upgrade. I am so tired of hacking up aftermarket parts from other bikes trying to make them fit and Its nice to see someones is listening to our suggestions for the many aftermarket parts needed. Cannella make a great quality product and I hope Chris continues to produce other parts for this bike. Be sure to thank him from all of us and I hope he has put one aside for me when they are ready to roll.

· Premium Member
5,712 Posts
Thanks for the update Stan. I for one am really looking forward to this upgrade. I am so tired of hacking up aftermarket parts from other bikes trying to make them fit and Its nice to see someones is listening to our suggestions for the many aftermarket parts needed. Cannella make a great quality product and I hope Chris continues to produce other parts for this bike. Be sure to thank him from all of us and I hope he has put one aside for me when they are ready to roll.
Dave, I agree. They are stand up. I'd love to see them come up with a killer sissy bar as well. Skap is one lucky son of a gun to have them call on him for use of his bike!

· Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Dave, I agree. They are stand up. I'd love to see them come up with a killer sissy bar as well. Skap is one lucky son of a gun to have them call on him for use of his bike!
Bob, I believe that sissy bar is among some of the other parts coming next that Chris has in mind and on his list of parts that will soon be available.

· Registered
710 Posts
A new kick stand is very important. I can't understand (costs????) why Honda didn't chrome the factory part. I was just gonna' pull mine off and send it out for chroming, if no one came up with a new one. Pictures, please - - when available.

· Registered
480 Posts
Glad to hear that. I really liked the fish kick stand that I had on my X

· Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do you know if he is going to offer colors?
I was thinking of getting mine powder coated but I would like to see this new one now.
guaran-damn-tee you that if you go to the cannella site and send them a query re: your specific needs they'll at least listen.

you have a great idea there; he might not mind offering versions on the theme--

· Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just heard from chris--he'll be coming by on Friday to do another fitting of the kickstand.
I'll have more details this weekend--after my oh so sweet ride to meet MENTAL!

· Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
we did the final fitting on Sunday. it's looking real fine.
while I was at Chris's he asked if he could fit a new air cleaner prototype while we had the bike racked.

you recall that bracket nut that is welded to the rear cylinder mis-threaded. He drilled out my rounded out bolt and fitted the new air cleaner design onto the bike.

holy moley--it's major big time--it's makes the PowerFlo look like a toy.
two angle-cut intake tubes stick out of the body of the cleaner.
You want a real chopper looking engine--now you're on the way, baby!

while he was bolting that piece on his wife Christine noticed that my Kury black widow pegs could be replaced by a similar wide profile peg (more comfy than OEM pegs) that carries the design elements of the kickstand and air cleaner. Chris will consider pegs as an addition to his growing line of add-ons.

btw, check out the tranny cover on my bike--beats the heck out of the stock look.

time will tell--I'm psyched!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.