Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, just upgraded my LED's on the front of my ride, cost was about 20$ since I reused the resistor's from the first install. Was trying to just fix the wiring, so that it was cleaner and I got a little too creative.

Anyways, I tried to wrap the other LED's around the forks, since everybody was asking if they were flexible enough and they were not flexible enough... least with the limited tools I had (I used one of those blowtorch lighters, almost got it too, then I think the buzz kicked in) -- and the beer I had at 2 a.m. last night when I broke them. After almost burning off my eyebrows, I decided to go to bed and try again today. So, ran out to Auto-Zone and picked up some decent looking LED's with some chrome around the edges actually. Here are the pics:

** If you would like to see how I installed these, please refer to the http://www.furyforums.com/forum/fur...n-signal-mod-led-light-install-beginners.html post that I already made...

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those came out looking quite nice
Thanks bro... Yea, wasn't going to go to the Car Show tomorrow with the wiring that I had, so it was do or die basically. Anyways, turned out okay... ran out of fuel or the igniter got tired on me towards the end, but nothing that matches and a will to get r' done won't achieve :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Here's my next project for the month, besides the L&M rake kit:

Custom-Wizard New Stealth

Figured more lights never hurt anything... :D

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
LOL true that. Hey I got the new RAW led to replace mine where my left bank went out and I noticed they changed the wiring from 4 wires (2 grounds) to 1 ground. Guess all the guys on here with the same issue got things changed :)

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL true that. Hey I got the new RAW led to replace mine where my left bank went out and I noticed they changed the wiring from 4 wires (2 grounds) to 1 ground. Guess all the guys on here with the same issue got things changed :)
They probably saw my vid and saw that the LED that I ordered from Radiantz was a three wire set up and copied me for a change ;) That will look good on your bike bro, luv mine!

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
That looks kick ass Red! The front and rear led light mods are on my list but just dropped 3 grand for my daughters braces so my Fury fund is in the re-build process lol. Got a question though,since you've got the L&M front fender painted and on and some miles on it,any issues to report?Once again looks good Red.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Hey Red ... you may want to look into some chrome covered wire loom to cover those wires. I would think 1/4" would be small enough not to set the loom off, but hied those black wires. JMO

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
They look good James, I installed the same ones last year for added protection but ran them on the left and right sides of the handle bars and you don't even know they are there until they are lit up. Highly recommend those little babies!!

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They look good James, I installed the same ones last year for added protection but ran them on the left and right sides of the handle bars and you don't even know they are there until they are lit up. Highly recommend those little babies!!
Man, you guy's all post some good questions and answers!... Yea, was thinking of putting them on my handlebars, even the side of my headlight, but decided I still liked them where they were. Kind of miss the MANY led's of the Radiantz, but for the price of these, they are really nice and is on par with other LED's out there as well.

Hey Red ... you may want to look into some chrome covered wire loom to cover those wires. I would think 1/4" would be small enough not to set the loom off, but hied those black wires. JMO
I thought about it, but instead, I used the shrink wrap and 'formed' it, so that it still looks nice where it is and I was going for the minimalist look. Looks better in person, but since that loom is so cheap, I'll probably run over to O'Brian's and pick up some to see what it looks like.

That looks kick ass Red! The front and rear led light mods are on my list but just dropped 3 grand for my daughters braces so my Fury fund is in the re-build process lol. Got a question though,since you've got the L&M front fender painted and on and some miles on it,any issues to report?Once again looks good Red.
Yea, bout to drop some money on my step-son's braces... so, we'll see bout my spending for a little while. The L&M front fender is working great and is freaking bad ass painted. It feels sturdier than when it wasn't painted, for obvious reasons... but also feels slicker and more robust as well. I love it and think it's one of the best visual upgrade that I did for my bike so far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts