Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, What's happening? I wanted to take a moment and show off my FIRST mod (Kinda) that I paid for. (My mirrors were first but they were a give-away) I ordered my 8 pc. LED lighting accent kit from LEDglow on Saturday and it was waiting for me at my door step when I got home from work tonight! (That fast and shipping was free!!)

I would highly recommend LEDglow! And if you order nowish you can use the coupon code winter11 and get 10% off, so you might as well upgrade to the 8 piece kit like I did for roughly the same price!

Unfortunately, since my bike is stashed at my grandparents basement I didn't have enough time to finish mounting all the lights since I didn't want to keep them up too much past their bed time but here is 50% of the lights mounted.

1/2 Seat/Side panels removed.

3. Control box mounted and wired

4. Tank lights and ground effect lights mounted.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
just got some myself from ledglow...where did you attach the ground wire to? Was thinking about riggin mine up tommorw. Is it pretty simple?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I wired mine up I found the easiest thing to do was just wire it pretty much directly to the battery. These things are SOOO easy to install! My only complaint is some of the connections are a little weak and I'll probably have to wrap all the connections in electrical tape so I make sure they make/keep contact.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Honda Fury L.E.D. Pictures, Honda Fury L.E.D. Images, Honda Fury L.E.D. Photos, Honda Fury L.E.D. Videos - Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
heres a look at mine before I had strips in wheel area
Looking good just needs a few more by rear tire and front IMO.

Joe Florida connectors all snap together automotive connecters and has a remote.

I use JF 115 led set-up
Strips are Under tank and bottom of frame and rear by the back tire looks bad ass

Hard to hide all the wires:D

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Gonna look good. I love mine. The problem is you can't keep from getting more and more it is so easy and looks so good. Especially when you're riding. Really adds to the visibility too. One thing I did was, I wasn't getting much illumination on the tops of the heads because our tank is so narrow, so I bought some self adhesive LED strips from Autozone (blue) and ran the along the intake and the ignition cover "V". That really did it. Now I need to add some more under the rear fender and on the front tire.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Look good man, I have a set just waiting for it to warm up alittle before I do the install..cant ride anyway

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! I'm headin out now to finish installing the lights (adding to the rear fender or possibly the swing arm and maybe some to the sides to light up the crankcase and whatnot and HOPEFULLY adjust a bit the ones already installed.) I'll post more pics as soon as she's doooonnneeee!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ALL DONE! they turned out way better than I expected!

The hardest part about this whole installation was deciding where to put the lights!! Everything else is a breeze!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
ALL DONE! they turned out way better than I expected!

The hardest part about this whole installation was deciding where to put the lights!! Everything else is a breeze!
Nice pics bro, highlighting the V-twins sure looks good. Gratz on the install, thinking this year I'll get to the smaller things I've been wanting to do, like the LED's.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks! I was very hesitant to put LEDs on the air cleaner/ignition cover because I was really trying to keep all the strips out of sight and just see the colors, but eventually I realized you can't really hide them anyway, you'll see them from some angle or another. So I stuck em on and was real happy with the way it looked.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts