Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
it seems like a lot of the "cruiser" guys want their bikes to look more like a chopper. why are people making stuff that will make our chopper look more like a cruiser? if i wanted a touring bike i would've bought one. no thanks, i'll keep mine lookin like a chopper

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
it seems like a lot of the "cruiser" guys want their bikes to look more like a chopper. why are people making stuff that will make our chopper look more like a cruiser? if i wanted a touring bike i would've bought one. no thanks, i'll keep mine lookin like a chopper
I think you 100’/. nailed it. I was thinking the same thing .

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Thanks for the Pic Dillon. Looks ok, but not the look I'm going for. Kinda clogs up the front end a bit.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Metric thunder has it for $239 if anyones interested. I aint!!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Very well said! x100!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya im not a fan of it. but they have a new aircleaner coming out thats sweet!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Why??? I don't get it.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Eh... I'm in the same boat as you guys on this one :eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Cobra Light Bar looks wicked - anyone got a full bike shot of it?

Love to see a full bike shot of it and the cost of having it installed and where to buy it - thanks in advance

·
Registered
158 Posts
The Honda Fury is a chopper and a beautiful one I might add. It's just like the other guy said, "Its not a cruiser it's a chopper". Wind screens, light bars, saddle bags, etc. Don't look good on the Fury. The Fury is a beautiful bike right out of the box! Things that are intended to be customized are the grips, pegs, levers, mirrors and of course the exhaust if you prefer. That's why most of the parts I mentioned to replace come generic on the bike. But this is America and you can choose to do with your Fury anything you like. That was just my opinion.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Things like the light bar may look okay on the new 1300's from Honda, the Saber and the Interstate. But not the fury. The fury wasn't built for touring, you'd have to stop every 100 miles or so for gas, and that's not cool if you're riding with Goldwings or other true touring bikes. I prefer to keep my fury looking lean and mean.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Love to see a full bike shot of it and the cost of having it installed and where to buy it - thanks in advance
GL finding somebody with it on their bike on this site... but, soon as I type this, a pic will show up... :confused:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
heres some pics off cycleworld via my cell phone:p. and there prototype aircleaner:cool:sorry about the last pic i hate the crease in magazines

·
Registered
521 Posts
Some may prefer it but I'm not diggin' it. I bought a fork bag that stayed on until I got home and then I took it off... just didn't look right. I don't want anything that takes away from the lines and clean look on the front. Now granted, if I take a long trip, the fork bag will go back on for the trip only. I'm still trying to picture a custom sissy bar for the road trips... meantime, I'm wondering if I'm going to ever ride my 1800 again :) The Fury is a fun ride!

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Uggg, yea... that really makes it look like a cruiser now... eck....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Come on, this is getting old, I dont like throwing up in my mouth. When are these after guys going to learn that the Fury is a cool A$$ bike and not a bolt on queen. I want to see some out of the box, guys in the garage trying some crazy a$$ stuff. There was a slogan out there (we build it, you make it your own) its time we steel that saying!!!!!! Ive been building bike for several years, and have never rode a bike as nice as the Fury. Im gonna make it my own. No bolt on SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
HEY, take it easy on guys like me! :mad:

I rely mostly on bolt-on products to customize my Road King and Fury. I'm not fortunate like you guys that have access to a garage/shop. My open carport is a poor substitute for a enclosed garage. I like to wrench and would love to build custom parts, but without a proper garage/shop... you get the picture. So far I've only installed the RAW Desiigns Reaper Exhaust Tips (btw, they are awesome!) and the Kuryakyn Deep Dish Bezels.

IMHO, I would install the light bar if I saw too many Furys in my area. But I don't so I won't.

BOLT-ONS ROCK!!! Well, at least until I buy a house with an enclosed garage. :D

:cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts