Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is the first look at the new VIPER exhaust from Fuggin Fabrication. This pipe has much the same style as our Viper-2, but with a straight slash cut. The new Viper has the same great performance as the Viper-2 when installed with the Fuggin EFI Fuel controller. (64.7Hp & 80.9 ftlb. torque)

If you have any questions regarding Fuggin exhaust or fuel controllers, please feel free to contact me.

Doug
Fuggin Fabrication
480/813-4474

More pictures coming soon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
That's a nice design you have going there... still have to work on buying one of your fi's for my current pipes... definitely like the 2 into 1 approach tho.

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Gar:
So what you saying is, if they extend the pipes to the end of the swing arm, they have your business?:)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Doug, a couple of questions:

1. Do they have full length heat shields?
2. Do they have removable baffles or baffles at all?
3. I've heard reports of the chrome plastic engine covers having issues with aftermarket exhausts. Have you seen any of these issues?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doug, a couple of questions:

1. Do they have full length heat shields?
2. Do they have removable baffles or baffles at all?
3. I've heard reports of the chrome plastic engine covers having issues with aftermarket exhausts. Have you seen any of these issues?
#1 No, Heat Shield are an option, But they only cover the head pipes.
#2 No, The baffles are welded in, If you take out the baffle, you loose the performance (torque)
#3 No problems the with chrome plastic covers.

Doug
Fuggin Fabrication

·
Registered
175 Posts
They look good...flow nicely with the engine

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With the kick up behind the clutch,
Absoyesolutely :D !!!
Gar,

We may be able to fulfill your fantasies. What diameter collector are you thinking? We currently use a 3” dia. pipe. Your artwork looks likes it’s about a 4” dia. The turn up of the head pipes is not a problem.

And the big question is, how many other Fury owner’s would want is pipe?

Doug
Fuggin Fabrication

·
Registered
158 Posts
COUNT ME IN!

Gar,

We may be able to fulfill your fantasies. What diameter collector are you thinking? We currently use a 3” dia. pipe. Your artwork looks likes it’s about a 4” dia. The turn up of the head pipes is not a problem.

And the big question is, how many other Fury owner’s would want is pipe?

Doug
Fuggin Fabrication
This is exactly what I have been asking for! Only I would like to see the collector up a little higher, to run along the swingarm. If you can make that happen, "Im waving my credit card at you"!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Honestly

I would just like to see some different styles of aftermarket exhaust that cover the swingarm. Seeing that swingarm sticking out just kills it for me, that thing was ment to be covered, it's got a couple ugly welds and Crome covers don't help. I like the look of the stock double barrel, only it's to quiet. The one thing I like about the Cobra Swepts is, they cover the ugly swingarm. So for me, weather it be double barrel or two into one, it's gotta cover that swingarm. The pic Gar has up of his dream exhaust is really close to being perfect, just a little low for my taste. Even if the rear header pipe has to exit and go down like the stock exhaust, that would still look good.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Doug;

I love Gar's design, but like everybody esle, I want the swingarm covered (in the side view). Make that happen, while maintaining the performance numbers, and you can add me to the $ list. 2-into-1 with collector is more efficient than the other designs anyway.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Doug;

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the longer pipe emphasizes the lower-to-mid range of the power band, where cruisers live anyway. That being true, then the top-end numbers are not as important (except for bragging rights) as being able to come up through the gears quickly. At the risk of stating the obvious, these things are not sport bikes, but rather benefit more from something that gets you from stoplight to stoplight more quickly, while lookin' good doin' it.

Cheers

·
Registered
494 Posts
Doug;

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the longer pipe emphasizes the lower-to-mid range of the power band, where cruisers live anyway.

Cheers
The only thing longer pipes do is increase back pressure. The same thing can be done with smaller diameter pipes and baffles.

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
Gar, We may be able to fulfill your fantasies. What diameter collector are you thinking? We currently use a 3” dia. pipe. Your artwork looks likes it’s about a 4” dia. The turn up of the head pipes is not a problem... Doug ~ Fuggin Fabrication
:D WOW :D Doug, you and Fuggin are a whole new breed of fabricators, at least in my experience. Yes, I'm lookin' at a 4" collector/baffle. Reason being I believe with a little more length and almost double the volume it should produce a proud yet smoother tone (mashed potato :rolleyes: mashed potato). Also the longer header pipes should not hurt the torque at all :). I expect your 3" version is a straight through with Glass Pack ??? which is what I had in mind with the 4". I also expect running the rear header direct instead of forward and down around the clutch would comprimise scavenging ergo the Viper's improved torque.

Here is a little more photochopping to appease the masses:

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
no_fury;

"The only thing longer pipes do is increase back pressure".

This is not entirely correct. It also "delays" (with respect to a shorter pipe) the arrival, at the exhaust valve, of the inverse scavaging pulse that is generated by the sudden change in cross-section that occurs at the end of the pipe (or at the baffle). If the pulse arrives later, it benefits (preferentially) the lower end of the power band. Exhausts that are optimized to run at very high-end power settings will have very short headers and collectors. Is this not so?

Cheers

Cheers

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Gar;

I think, at least design-wise, that you've hit it dead-nuts on! Fabulous! Now, can they make it work? God, I hope so.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
That looks pretty clean Doug! :cool:

·
Registered
494 Posts
no_fury;

"The only thing longer pipes do is increase back pressure".

This is not entirely correct. It also "delays" (with respect to a shorter pipe) the arrival, at the exhaust valve, of the inverse scavaging pulse that is generated by the sudden change in cross-section that occurs at the end of the pipe (or at the baffle). If the pulse arrives later, it benefits (preferentially) the lower end of the power band. Exhausts that are optimized to run at very high-end power settings will have very short headers and collectors. Is this not so?

Cheers

Cheers
Very true, though more notice able on high RPM engines.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts