Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2019 model. 62-year-old been riding bikes all my life first non-sport bike. Love it so far but with two issues. First issue turning right I can take a sport bike around a racetrack with expert class times but it takes me a Walmart parking lot to turn right on this thing I will figure it out eventually I hope second issue and most important transmission worst shifting bike I have ever put a leg across if you don’t get it in first gear before you stop it’s not happening I am going To try adjusting the linkage. Really don’t have a dealer within hundreds of miles to take it to and the one I bought the bike from I wouldn’t let come near my bike with a wrench unfortunately. Look forward to lurking around forum

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
This bike does have a larger turning radius than a sport bike. I know at low speeds (below 15mph) you have to lean the opposite way you turn and kind of push the bike down in the direction you want it to go.
The transmission will take a long while to break in. Mine eventually did after , umm, I think 2 years. But I still have the occassional 1st to nuetral, instead of 1st to 2nd, happen.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Welcome from California! Hope you adjust quickly to cruisin' and seeing why we love our Furys.

There is a google map out there of the Fury Nation, you can check it out from the link above my signature picture. We are filling it in with willing members, ride locations/routes/destination, or anything that might be interesting. If you WANT, we can add you to it as well, just need your zip code (no addresses, this IS the internet after all!) If you don't that's fine too, see if there is anyone near you.

Keep safe out there, ain't nobody watching for us, as you probably already know. Eyes open!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'll second what FN said about pushing downward in slow corners.

Funny, for me left is the awkward tight turn direction. I think most of us have a less-comfortable turning direction. It's even true among unicycle riders.

Thanks, FN. I have just 1400 miles on my 2019 and am glad to know the downshifting behavior is "normal."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll second what FN said about pushing downward in slow corners.

Funny, for me left is the awkward tight turn direction. I think most of us have a less-comfortable turning direction. It's even true among unicycle riders.

Thanks, FN. I have just 1400 miles on my 2019 and am glad to know the downshifting behavior is "normal."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My problem turning right I believe is the shape of the bars. It puts the clutch lever a far reach and parallel to your arm instead of perpendicular which makes it hard to work. I ride with 2 fingers on clutch lever may have to adjust my technique.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
As far as the downshifting to first, at stop if you try to go from second to first or 2nd to neutral, it can be. It's pretty common with this bike. If you're wanting to shift it's really to best do it while coasting to the stop as you mentioned. For me it's more getting into neutral. I always try to do it when I'm coming up to the stop. Sometimes when I pull into the garage it's so slow that I can't shift until I'm stopped and she won't go into neutral. So when I turn the bike off in gear it will slide into neutral easily.

This is with the correct adjustment of the clutch too, and I've used a few different oils. I think in this case it's nature of the beast.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just bought a 2019 model. 62-year-old been riding bikes all my life first non-sport bike. Love it so far but with two issues. First issue turning right I can take a sport bike around a racetrack with expert class times but it takes me a Walmart parking lot to turn right on this thing I will figure it out eventually I hope second issue and most important transmission worst shifting bike I have ever put a leg across if you don’t get it in first gear before you stop it’s not happening I am going To try adjusting the linkage. Really don’t have a dealer within hundreds of miles to take it to and the one I bought the bike from I wouldn’t let come near my bike with a wrench unfortunately. Look forward to lurking around forum
welcome from NW FL. in PCB myself

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks johnq I am in Destin. Been enjoying my new fury a lot. Been great riding weather trying to take advantage of it when possible.
good to hear it my friend.. keep riding... i ride everyday( primary vehicle)hehehehe.. keep intouch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts