Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just picked up my Christmas present last week (of course it was the present I bought myself). My new Blue Honda Fury. In fact they just arrived in Australia the week before and I bought Fury number 3 (according to the Australian VIN number). Traded up from my highly modified Kawasaki VN900. What a difference, 60 Kmph in first gear. I am keeping it stock standard for now to see how it goes, although I really need to get a chrome radiator cover. Any suggestions on the best one for the blue? At some stage in the future I will probably put the cobra pipes on. I'm just getting used to having a bike I can start at 6:30am and not be worried about waking the neighbours.
I would be keen to hear from any other Fury riders in OZ.
Interestingly the only Furys they have brought in over here have the ABS as standard, so the price tag is higher, but I'm okay with that for the benefit os the ABS.
Anyway. Thought I would say Hi to you all and thank you for the great posts and photos on this forum.

Richard

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all,

I just picked up my Christmas present last week (of course it was the present I bought myself). My new Blue Honda Fury. In fact they just arrived in Australia the week before and I bought Fury number 3 (according to the Australian VIN number). Traded up from my highly modified Kawasaki VN900. What a difference, 60 Kmph in first gear. I am keeping it stock standard for now to see how it goes, although I really need to get a chrome radiator cover. Any suggestions on the best one for the blue? At some stage in the future I will probably put the cobra pipes on. I'm just getting used to having a bike I can start at 6:30am and not be worried about waking the neighbours.
I would be keen to hear from any other Fury riders in OZ.
Interestingly the only Furys they have brought in over here have the ABS as standard, so the price tag is higher, but I'm okay with that for the benefit os the ABS.
Anyway. Thought I would say Hi to you all and thank you for the great posts and photos on this forum.

Richard
Hello mate, can you tell me how that VIN works with regard to age? I picked mine up on 16th Dec in Brisbane coming off a 750 Shadow, the 1300 is amazing is'nt it. Like yours mine is blue, and like yourself I reckon I'll leave it standard until I get tired of looking at it.....so it may be standard for a while.

Ed

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Welcome to the club... when you get a chance, tell us how well the ABS style brakes compared to a non-ABS. Anyways, have a sweet ride bro!

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Wellcome to the site, enjoy the ride. You have more will power than most of us who have almost immediatly added goodies.

you

·
Registered
127 Posts
New Fuggin Fabrication Dealers in Australia

We have just signed 2 new dealers in Australia for our Fuggin Fabrication Exhaust and Fuggin EFI Fuel Controllers. The new dealers are currently developing there aftermarket product line for the Honda Fury. The Honda Fury for Australia as well as Europe, have 02 sensors in the exhaust un-like those in the states. We have just developed exhaust for Australia and Europe using the 02 sensors.
If you are looking for exhaust and fuel controllers, please check with our new dealers in Australia.

Geoff Taylor Motorcycles – Dandenong , VIC Ph#(03) 9793 3809
Mandurah City Motorcycles – Mandurah, Western Australia Ph# (04) 1122 9694

You can also see our Honda Fury exhaust systems at www.fugginfabrication.com

Thanks,
Doug
Fuggin Fabrication

·
Premium Member
13,741 Posts
its got to be better than rideing those kangaroos.lol.look better too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you notice a difference in the ABS?
Sorry for the delay in response and thanks for all the messages. It took me some time to work out how to find my own posts.
In answer to the question on ABS. I have not had the need to use it in anger (I hope I never do), however I do enjoy the composite braking that comes with it. You really notice the balanced braking effort when just using the rear brake (It also applies front braking).
I certainly like the confidence of knowing it won't lock up in the wet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Mungo,
I was told by the dealer that the last 3 numbers of the VIN number represent the sequence of that model in Australia.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.