Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of advice to buy used and not new. Can I see some compelling reasons as to why ? First hand experience will be very helpful.

Also if I choose to buy used, what year is recommended or does it matter ?

New User so please be kind :)

·
Premium Member
2,069 Posts
Plain and simple... No reason to buy any bike new. It pays to find a good used one. I bought my fury used with 3700 miles on it. It's a 2010 and I never regretted the decision. I thought about buying a leftover new one but there was no reason. Also, when you buy used, many times there are already some mods like exhaust. Mine came with exhaust, grips, and a fuel commander.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
What Coop said is spot on. I did buy new through a dealer but worked hard on him. He bought my old bike for what I paid for it ($3,000), threw in riding instruction to allow me to get my full license (worth $750), knocked off a chunk of cash $(2,000) and got me a 0% Honda loan for the rest. If you've got the cash, track down a second hand one. Some guys travels miles/hours. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
personally i prefer new but i bought my bike as a keeper and want a one owner logbook, if i bought second hand i'd worry about how the 1st owner had run it in and treated it generally

·
Registered
784 Posts
I also bought mine new, but that was 4 years ago & there were no 2nd hand Fury's about at that time, but I agree with AoV, if you buy new you know exactly how it's been treated.
I also intend to keep mine for as long as I'm able to ride, as many on this forum have said it's a keeper.:)

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Bought mine used but got a great deal as It was less than a year old, registered to Honda UK and only used as a demo bike. showroom condition, full warrenty, Less than 2000 miles on the clock and cost me 11500 USD 0r £6695. :D:D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Used... Bought my 2010 off craigslist, previous owners wife got pregnant and told him to sell the Fury. Got a great deal on a 2010 with 4K miles.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I would have bought used but they where to new and hard to find. If you can save 3-$5000 on a bike that has a few thousand miles on it, I say go for it.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I purchased mine new, wasn't a lot of used ones in 2011. However if I had it to do over I might purchased used if I had a little background on the owner. If possible check out at where he lives. You can be sure if he doesn't take care of his home, car or himself you can bet he didn't take care of the bike either. The first 1000 miles on a bike is very important and can determine what you might experience in the future. Just my thoughts........

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
To Buy or Not to Buy......?

If you want to make it totally your's, go NEW....But,
as some mentioned, if you can save a few K's,
get that Bike USED....
the 3 to 5 K$ you save can go to make it totally your's!!!!
Paint,seat, etc...
where the previous owner added pipes, air system, (posible) LED's / Forward controls, etc...
YOU WIN!
If you know the seller, even better! You know if he kept up with maintenance and didn't ride the Sh___ out of it.
Look around and you'll decide....
Good Luck and.........watch this befor buying....
:p

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Howdy - I bought mine new as there were not a lot of used ones floating around in 2010 - now there are a few out there. I think used is the way to go if you can save 3K-4K off the new price (as many folks have already said). Personally, I would not be too worried about how the bike was treated - just buy it from an old fart like me and you can be pretty sure it was ridden easy :D

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
The only way to abuse these bikes is by not caring about the oil or fluids. Else, ride it like you stole it and keep it upright; should last until you just don't care.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I bought mine new but it was a leftover 2013 dealer had it marked down 3k couldn't pass it up. It wasn't even uncrated yet.
Same here. Got a new leftover 2013 for 10k. I think that is the best of both worlds...saves a few bucks and I get to break it in my way. Buying new works if you intend to keep it for at least five years but if you only want it for a year or two then buy used cause you will lose too much in depreciation on a new one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts