Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ill be picking up my new fury this week and im sure this question has been answered before.
i did the search button but still inconclusive...
the goal is to add a 250 rear long term but short term...
whats the widest rear tire i can put in the rear without having problems
mark

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Welcome to the Fury Forum. Always good to have a new Fury owner amongst us! Don't know the answer to your question, but you will be hearing from many knowledgeable people shortly.......

·
Registered
630 Posts
ill be picking up my new fury this week and im sure this question has been answered before.
mark
This is taken from the section "Fury Faq" on the blue bar at the top of the forum page.

Q: What is the biggest tire I can use on the stock Fury?

A: Safely, 210mm is the widest. 220mm with modified rim, read on.

A1: (***)Since this is a user made FAQ, I can honestly tell you that the 240/50/18 is the biggest size you can use on a stock Fury tire, it is a small rim, big tire combination*** but there will be minor issues with bolt and nuts not fitting that you may have to deal with. THIS is a mod to use at your own risk.(***) This will bulge out your tire, which is a safety risk and there are only currently less than 5 riders with this particular mod that are "known. YouTube - Honda Fury with the 240 Rear tire video As said in the video if you are still reading, 19mm, 14mm, for the stock 200mm tire and 13mm, 10mm for the 240mm tire. So, that will make it 210mm or so after this install.

A2: The 210mm rim will fit on the stock rim, but may look thinner than the stock tire, because of the height and general "shipped" width of the tire. If you refer to answer A3, you will see if you widen the rim, then add the 210mm tire, you will get the 209+mm tire that you are looking for.

A3: 250mm, with the Sumo-x version. This proven method to widening the tire is the Sumo-x version and looks good! But, this version will cost you $3,000+ for the WHOLE kit. You can order these in segments, which could be cheaper in the long run, determining on what you add. Here's the link: MeanCycles - HONDA - FURY 1300 - 250 FAT TIRE KIT FOR HONDA FURY and this thread here: http://www.furyforums.com/forum/fury...-tire-kit.html

A4: Another method described by Low and Mean, would be that of widening the stock or aftermarket rim to a MAX of 7", the current stock rear rim is 6.25" wide. This will allow for a 240mm tire to go on to the modified stock rim, but the total affect will measure at 220mm. This is a safer version of my A1 answer. The rim widening would be through Kosman.net or another wheel widener and takes 4-6 weeks to do (this is do to buyer-backup, damn Harley riders). If you have the free time, try this mod out. Most it will cost you is about $850 (if you have the right connections) with the stock rim, tire and all. Link: 240 tire on a Modified stock rim VIDEO

A5: Stock Fury rim with Sumo Fender: Sumo-X fender with stock tire

I would suggest any new owner look it over, it has a ton of info in it. Also grats on the new bike, your gonna love it. post some pics

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
mark
You would be advised to read this before you do anything else!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new toy, which bike did you get? color? where you from?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow,great response...information overload
thanks folks
im in central florida
i actually have already transfered the money to pick up this friday...$11,700 otd on a 2011,non abs
is that a decent deal?

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
SO what color?
Oh, and congratulations!:D Not a bad deal at all! I paid $13,000 otd and that was after searching the entire country for a matte silver with the best price. So the stealearship matched the price. Well, I actually found one for $12,400. But it would cost me $600 to get it shipped to me. That's why it was $13,000.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Id say save your time and money for the Sumo-x kit. The cost of the wider rim/tire just doesnt add up to me. Spend the funds on other mods like intake, exhaust, new seat, chrome rims.

·
Registered
788 Posts
...$11,700 otd on a 2011,non abs
is that a decent deal?[/QUOTE]

Considering I paid nearly 15 otd for a 2010, I'd say yes. I've seen several 2010's at the same dealer marked down to 11,5 but that's before the pencil whipping begins.

I wouldn't say I got a good deal at all, didn't question their price....I was pissed at the soon to be ex-that day and the cobra's sounded good....the rest is history, including her.

Your's have cobras or stock pipes????

And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Check up here in N.E. Michigan, I have a dealer that I just bought mine from, $11,660.00 OTD>

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im sorry...
missed the question about the color
the dealer has any color in stock
i would've already picked up the bike if i could decide what color:confused:ill make the final decision thursday
although black is where im leaning.....today...
after reading a thousand post on here im gonna just add the sumo-x 250 conversion

11,700 is the out the door price so it looks like a pretty good deal
pipes are stockers(for now)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
actually he has a 2010 black with abs but its 12,200.00 otd
i dont want the abs

i like all the colors,thats the problem
my electra glide is black cherry so that color(honda calls it red metallic) and the white are out

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Blue

:cool: BLUE - Looks good !!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts