Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Just got my Fury about 2 weeks ago...used to ride a VTX1300C until a cager took it out.

Glad I found the site...seems like a lot of good information is to be found here!

Anyway....just saying Hi!

· Registered
479 Posts
Sorry to hear about the old ride, I think you're going to love the new one and welcome to the forum!

· Registered
3,345 Posts
Hay Scott; Learn and contribute! Good Info, Better People!:)

We ask questions!:p
1 How many bikes did your Dealer have on the floor.
2 What colors
3 How much was he willing to cut you a Deal.
4 Color you got.
5. What mods are you planning.:)

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, thanks for the welcome!

As far as the questions go....

My dealer has 2 on the floor right now...Blue and Red. He cut me a decent deal...picked mine up for 13.

Ive got the matte silver with black rims and black frame....love the color scheme....and I have already started the mods. I have a low profile sissybar, powercommander, cobra swepts, and air kit coming in as fast as I can. As soon as I get them on and can reload the wallet, Im going to install risers and relocate the license plate. :)

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
*laughing*....you got me, I DID plan on being taken out! :)

I had taken the side reflectors off of the VTX, and I have the front ones removed off of the Fury...still trying to get to the rear ones without messing the fender up.

When the young lady said hi to me in her car, it was broad daylight....reflectors wouldnt have saved me at all. The one piece of luck that I had on that day was that I was turning left when she hit...if I had been upright, things would have been very different. I did end up with the ability to detect bad weather now, so I guess that was a positive. :)

· Registered
3,345 Posts
OK, is it going to rain today? Rear reflectors, blow dryer or heat gun, be careful your on clear coat, warm em up, slight twist, or soften up and cut through with dental floss, WD40 for residual glue, little Polish.

· Registered
500 Posts
OK, is it going to rain today? Rear reflectors, blow dryer or heat gun, be careful your on clear coat, warm em up, slight twist, or soften up and cut through with dental floss, WD40 for residual glue, little Polish.
As per mental's suggestions on the rear reflectors, gentle heat from a blowdryer then put on a set of work gloves and with a slow, steady clockwise twist they will come steadily off without a mark on the clearcoat beneath. I didn't need the floss thing, although several guys used it when we were all taking off reflectors and decals last summer.

One word of caution: DO NOT give in to the temptation to use any kind of tool on removing reflectors. I got EVERY decal, including tank and fender, every sticker (even the ones on bottom of the frame which were toughest) and all the reflectors AND the little honda emblems on the sidecovers without so much as a scratch, EXCEPT for one tiny scratch - you can't even see it if you're not looking for it - on one of the fenders when I started to use a channel grip on first try on one of the rear reflectors; it of course slipped off and thus one lesson learned; stick to muscle power, patience and goo-gone for the residue and you'll have 'er nice 'n shiny without a mark to be seen :)

· Registered
1,799 Posts
As per mental's suggestions on the rear reflectors, gentle heat from a blowdryer then put on a set of work gloves and with a slow, steady clockwise twist they will come steadily off without a mark on the clearcoat beneath. I didn't need the floss thing, although several guys used it when we were all taking off reflectors and decals last summer.

One word of caution: DO NOT give in to the temptation to use any kind of tool on removing reflectors. I got EVERY decal, including tank and fender, every sticker (even the ones on bottom of the frame which were toughest) and all the reflectors AND the little honda emblems on the sidecovers without so much as a scratch, EXCEPT for one tiny scratch - you can't even see it if you're not looking for it - on one of the fenders when I started to use a channel grip on first try on one of the rear reflectors; it of course slipped off and thus one lesson learned; stick to muscle power, patience and goo-gone for the residue and you'll have 'er nice 'n shiny without a mark to be seen :)

I'll try this out on friday.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
*laughing* Believe me, I am with you on that. While I was lying on the pavement, watching my other bike self destruct (throttle was stuck wide open and was still running), she didnt even give me her phone number or anything...not even a kiss on the cheek.

At least, she could have said she thought I was cute.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.