Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new member here.

Just bought myself a 2010 fury with 10k miles on it. Looking to give her a new paint scheme this winter break. Was thinking of sending the frame off to get a satin white powdercoat and ill be painting the tank and fenders a matte black. Any opinions on this? Figured nothing else out there looks like it and it could look pretty cool with some green underglow after hours.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
You trying to start a fight? Asking for paint opinions...sheesh!

My opinion is that is should be nice. Different. And if you like the concept, do it. In looking at your pictures, I can understand why you want to paint it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea the guy I bought it from couldnt sell it because of the paint job, so in turn I got it for a decent price. The airbrush is decent but the flames were not taped off very well.

Just wanting a unique bike. Im hoping it looks good after its said and done!

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
I am with my m8 OB on this 1, any colour would look better :wink: the colours you propose should look sweet, go for it :wink: and welcome from the uk .

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
My suggestion would be to wet sand all those graphics off and clear coat it. Get a summer of riding the new bike over with before you commit to a big project on it. You may not like the way it rides after you get some time on it. That said you would be crazy if you didn't like the way it rides :)

It's been in the 50 - 40's since I picked mine up and I can't keep off the darn thing.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have actually put a couple hour long rides on it it since I got it Binki, stepped up from my honda shadow. Its amazing how well it rides. I thought about clear coating it just like you said after i sanded it off. But I know itll be my bike for years to come so I think im going to go ahead with it. I can get my money out of it even with new paint so it shouldnt be a loss.

Slink it gets worse as you get closer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Binki, I actually have been watching this bike since it came on craigslist since the summer. Surprised nobody else bought it before me with intent to change the color.

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
I was thinking the same thing about trying to remove what you have and get back to the stock paint. You might like the stock color and could change it up later.
My suggestion would be to wet sand all those graphics off and clear coat it. Get a summer of riding the new bike over with before you commit to a big project on it. You may not like the way it rides after you get some time on it. That said you would be crazy if you didn't like the way it rides :)

It's been in the 50 - 40's since I picked mine up and I can't keep off the darn thing.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Sounds like it would be a reverse image(negative) of Marilyn since mine is Matt black frame and gloss white tins. I like the idea... Definitely post pics when you get it done.

Stripping the frame down for powder coating or paint is a big job... Maybe you should get black and white plastidip and spray the frame and tins to make sure you like the color combo before going to all the trouble and expense.... Or you could photo shop it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MACCTM ive dealt with a lot of teardowns of quads and dirtbikes before as with vehicles. I took all the removable panels off and it didnt look like too hard of a job. Just need a big bench and a lot of baggies. Fingers crossed it goes to plan. I also have a service manual so that should hopefully help if I have a snag on the assembly at the end.

Kbuskill, I actually planned on doing some photoshop work tomorrow while I study for finals here at KSTATE, (procrastination). I do like the plastidip idea however. Ill pick some up on my way home before I do a complete teardown and see how it looks with some spot sprays. Ive always loved the black and white combo, the picture attached is my highschool car. 1974 plymouth duster that I did quite a bit of work to get to where she was when I sold her. I have a way of getting rid of maroon colored vehicles for some reason.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
MACCTM ive dealt with a lot of teardowns of quads and dirtbikes before as with vehicles. I took all the removable panels off and it didnt look like too hard of a job. Just need a big bench and a lot of baggies. Fingers crossed it goes to plan. I also have a service manual so that should hopefully help if I have a snag on the assembly at the end.

Kbuskill, I actually planned on doing some photoshop work tomorrow while I study for finals here at KSTATE, (procrastination). I do like the plastidip idea however. Ill pick some up on my way home before I do a complete teardown and see how it looks with some spot sprays. Ive always loved the black and white combo, the picture attached is my highschool car. 1974 plymouth duster that I did quite a bit of work to get to where she was when I sold her. I have a way of getting rid of maroon colored vehicles for some reason.
Sweet car... And I agree about the maroon vehicles... Lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bud Brown was that factory name from chrysler. Dont know how it appealed to people but whatever. The Maroon furys look sweet if they are done right like Dave's, its just not my style.

Im debating on painting the forks and the rims matte black while im at it. Figured ill be in the paint booth, why not? I feel like for the colors to contrast well with the white im going to have to do away with a lot of silver and/or chrome pieces.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright did like 10 minutes in photoshop to get a good idea. Dont criticize my work lol I didnt my mouse and I havent worked with photoshop in a while. Just wanted an idea of how it would look so I did a simple color change of the frame from red to white. I got the image off the internet so im not claiming it as mine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
Alright did like 10 minutes in photoshop to get a good idea. Dont criticize my work lol I didnt my mouse and I havent worked with photoshop in a while. Just wanted an idea of how it would look so I did a simple color change of the frame from red to white. I got the image off the internet so im not claiming it as mine.

That's not photoshop. That's Paint. Lol. I can give it a shot at photoshop.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Plenty of baggies, a few sharpies, tons of camera shots, a manual, parts explosion lables from the parts fiche, a video or two, a bottle of ginkgo biloba for memory, and a friend with a Fury willing to let you park it next to yours. Easy! I've done it too. Fun.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.