Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New pics finally... with some add ons

Still a work in progress, but it's part of the journey and still love to drive the bike! Stopped riding for once and took these pics... 2 months, 3300 miles already :) Need a new paintjob and muffler... then pretty much done unless I do something with the seat... very minimal of course... The second pic is of some tribal accents, it's chrome too, but hard to make out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took about 15 to 20 minutes to swap... pulled like hell on the old left grip, that came right off... the old right grip, I cut the rubber, then opened the starter capsule, grabbed my vise grip and got the cables free, then left the vise grip on, grabbed the new grip and put it on... wasn't hard at all actually :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
looks great! +1 for silver.:) i got the silver one cause its the perfect base color. im a custom painter so right now im deciding on what to do. im waiting till winter to tear it apart. ride safe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also have the silver one...I preferred it over the other colors. Have gray ghost flames and candy apple red flames painted on mine. Pictures to come soon on my profile.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks great! +1 for silver.:) i got the silver one cause its the perfect base color. im a custom painter so right now im deciding on what to do. im waiting till winter to tear it apart. ride safe.
Doh... too bad you aren't in San Diego... :( Looking for a good painter here that actually like to paint for the love of it, not just for the money...

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also have the silver one...I preferred it over the other colors. Have gray ghost flames and candy apple red flames painted on mine. Pictures to come soon on my profile.
I know... love the silver as a base color, blends in nicely with the chrome... just trying to figure out my paint job atm, going with a spike theme with everything else... but, haven't gotten any good ideas yet, anyways... ride easy! :D

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice. Very nice.
Do you have any other mods you are thinking of?
T
Actually, yes.. now that you ask... I am also thinking of adding rear chrome turn signals with the clear cap/amber light, side mounted license plate of some kind (has to be "rounded" RAW design!, wonders if he heard me...), one of those Low and Mean air filter extenders, with a chrome spear air cleaner, maybe some new pegs, RAW design tips for the exhaust once they come out with a more fluid looking tip that flows with the bike more (it's not a cruiser), if not cobra... RAW turn signal lights up front, some chrome covers for the controls, chrome brake and clutch levers, SS covers for the lines and maybe a Chrome radiator cover from Inate. Oh, more cushioning for the seat and some subtle designs in the leather, maybe a Silver Denver Broncos logo or something. Besides that adding a paint job in there somewhere, I might want to get done with the initials first before deciding on the paint.

Oh, I know the message seemed kind of long & winded, but since I never said hi when I first joined the sight, might as well say hello now and get my wish list out there for everybody to see!

Hello :D

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Grips

Still a work in progress, but it's part of the journey and still love to drive the bike! Stopped riding for once and took these pics... 2 months, 3300 miles already :) Need a new paintjob and muffler... then pretty much done unless I do something with the seat... very minimal of course... The second pic is of some tribal accents, it's chrome too, but hard to make out.
RedSpawn, bike looks awesome! Are those the Xoprodox Shooter spike grips? I posed that thread a while back when I found that site and have those on my bike. LOVE THEM!!! Really changed the look of the bars, and complimented the Zombie levers and custom mirros I have. I also added the Kury control covers after I put the grips on, keeps that same chrome finish going from grips to bars, instead of the stock dull finish on the controls. Didn't really pay any attention to them until I added the grips.

Keep on ridin!

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
RedSpawn, bike looks awesome! Are those the Xoprodox Shooter spike grips? I posed that thread a while back when I found that site and have those on my bike. LOVE THEM!!! Really changed the look of the bars, and complimented the Zombie levers and custom mirros I have. I also added the Kury control covers after I put the grips on, keeps that same chrome finish going from grips to bars, instead of the stock dull finish on the controls. Didn't really pay any attention to them until I added the grips.

Keep on ridin!
Thanks FLFury,

Yea, think I got the idea for the shooters from that thread that you posted actually, went to the website... looked around and the shooters matched the look that I was going for, and yes I love mine too... although, in cold weather, they tend to get colder as you drive, so put on some winter gloves if on for more than 50 miles... yea, ever since I got the bike, I wanted it all chrome up there, ever time I looked at the chrome then the dull controls it has driven me nuts.. I plan on getting the Kury control covers after my next paycheck... it's one step at a time ya know ;) ... probably the chrome engine covers as well.. have the back turn light tips with clear lenses in the mail as we speak, so... as Neil Armstrong said when landing on the moon..."One small step for man, one giant leap for fury kind"

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks FLFury,

Yea, think I got the idea for the shooters from that thread that you posted actually, went to the website... looked around and the shooters matched the look that I was going for, and yes I love mine too... although, in cold weather, they tend to get colder as you drive, so put on some winter gloves if on for more than 50 miles... yea, ever since I got the bike, I wanted it all chrome up there, ever time I looked at the chrome then the dull controls it has driven me nuts.. I plan on getting the Kury control covers after my next paycheck... it's one step at a time ya know ;) ... probably the chrome engine covers as well.. have the back turn light tips with clear lenses in the mail as we speak, so... as Neil Armstrong said when landing on the moon..."One small step for man, one giant leap for fury kind"
Don't have to worry too much about the cold weather here in sunny FL:D Oh, and BTW, anyone thats curious, I leave my bike sitting in the hot FL sun all day at work, and can grab onto the grips barehand no problem. They don't really get hot like I thought they would.

I hear ya, definitely had to prioritize my "wish list" also. I have the Kury engine covers too, really like the look and how they hide the "honda" stamp. Not that I'm not proud of my Honda, but just wanted to be as clean as possible without any factory decals, etc. Let people wonder when they're checkin it out, you know... :cool:

You will really be happy with the Control Covers & engine covers. Just wish they had made actual engine cover replacements, instead of the stick on kind, but it works.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Awesome Bike RSS! Really, you put some real thought into her and raised the bar for us once again!

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
This thread had me thinkin you started over RSS until I saw the date. I was thinkin I thought he had done wayyyy more than these pics. :)

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This thread had me thinkin you started over RSS until I saw the date. I was thinkin I thought he had done wayyyy more than these pics. :)
Big difference from back then until now huh Red. Got er looking good as always.
Yea, sometimes it's just one step or one part at a time... Each paycheck was one or two things... so I'm glad to be where I'm at now :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts