Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of these? This is a mockup only. Of course they would be chromed. For those that already own one of our slip-on kits, these would be a direct, bolt on replacement for the straight pipes. For those that don't, these would replace you stock mufflers. Rest of your pipes stay so that all pollution controls and ECU stay stock. Easy install either way.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Not too crazy abou the tips either, at least not on that bike. Look a little like some sort of horn.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Bill, I have your license plate holder (the one that flips) and your front and back LED's And....love 'em

I'm not a fan of that exhaust pipe look.....looks like it's more appropriate on a sport bike.

You know Fuggin is no longer........they had some nice designs, if you could make a few like that without an infringement issue. Keep up the good work.

Good Luck.....Jimmy

·
Registered
438 Posts
Not my style either, looks kinda strange.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Sorry still not feeling it. I'm glad to see you guys are working on additional tips though. I am loving the reapers. My only problem so far is that with baffles in I get carbon deposits on the pipes at the seams. With the baffles out, they pop like a mofo. I recently installed some pair valve block off plates, so I will remove them again and see if I can get it to not pop without the baffles. I don't think I was tuning the FC up enough either. I saw Skap had his set to 2/3/2.5 with V&H on his. so I'm trying that setting. I have already cut the baffles in half, next step will be bending up those little tabs some.

Crap, I hijacked a thread...starting to sound like Steveo!

Please continue to give Bill feedback on the tips.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
yeah bill dont want to be a basher but not loving it... as a suggestion i always thought the gun barrel look is cool... you know like ports with a bunch of holes.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I don't really like the way they look yet any way.
I do like the concept of what you are doing. How do they sound??

·
Registered
710 Posts
I don't really like the way they look yet any way.
I agree.

Bill, I know how much work goes into designing stuff like that. But just being honest...... In my humble opinion, it doesn't match the 'chopper look' of our Furys. My favortie pipes were the ones I sold a while back, the Reapers.......loved the sound, loved the look.....but burned the crap out of my leg......still have a burn mark on my blue jeans from them.

But that's why "they make chocolate milk and white milk"....so folks have a choice.....so far you've got one guy who likes them.......

"RAW" is an excellent vendor, by the way for any of you who haven't bought from them yet.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
I agree.

Bill, I know how much work goes into designing stuff like that. But just being honest...... In my humble opinion, it doesn't match the 'chopper look' of our Furys. My favortie pipes were the ones I sold a while back, the Reapers.......loved the sound, loved the look.....but burned the crap out of my leg......still have a burn mark on my blue jeans from them.

But that's why "they make chocolate milk and white milk"....so folks have a choice.....so far you've got one guy who likes them.......

"RAW" is an excellent vendor, by the way for any of you who haven't bought from them yet.
Jimmy, did you have reapers or mayhems? I have fuggin reapers and they don't burn my leg.

As for the new style, still doesn't rock my socks...definitely not a chopper/raked style of pipe.....the other post earlier mentioned you might want to do something similar to fuggins old stuff....you might even want to consider a style similar to those pipes someone had on here recently that they fabbed...believe it was in some "Tony holding out" thread (not the name, paraphrasing there)....just my 2 cents....we all appreciate your continued attempts to better our bikes!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sorry! This muffler not really fit on the Fury! Megaphone style more suited to a sporty cruiser.

I would like to see something cool that goes with a chopper. And there are not Fishtail, but possibly something pulled up?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
i'd be more inclined to consider a 2 into 1 with a large diameter pipe.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts