Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Just got my 2010 Fury - black, 2400mi, showroom condition, excellent price. Ecstatic about the bike, can't wait for the weather to improve.

I sold my last bike 3 years ago, it was a VTX1300C - loved that bike and especially the owners community (VTXOA.com). I always wished for fuel injection and a different styling and Fury is the answer! Got the pipes grips and block off plates on order, basically same things I did on my old VTX :) Good news is that unlike my old bike, I won't need risers! We'll see how long I can go on a stock seat, not being optimistic though.

Anyway, looking forward to sharing my experience and learning from the rest of this community!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome and congrats ? Where u at in NJ ? Oh yeah make sure you get them reflectors off ....
Reflectors and all stickers (except VIN) are already off, did it the day I picked it up :) Rear seat removed and a black plastic plug was made from an auto body clip to plug up the hole. Matches the fender nicely.

That's about all I've done, since I haven't got any of the stuff I ordered yet.

P.S. I'm in Lake Hopatcong, Morris County.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
welcome. now, answer the man's question: what pipes, how loud, how much, how now brown cow.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Know you will love your Fury. If you have questions on any mods, this is the place to ask them. Ride safe.....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just the Cobra slip-ons, I was very happy with them on my last bike, $240 at DennisKirk, got the Kury Deep Dish bezels and black ISO grips. I actually have NOT ordered the block off plates yet, as I now realise... Also looked for new mirrors, but didn't find anything I like yet. I want black ones, but I'm not crazy about the quality of Arlen Ness brand stuff, from personal experience.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
welcome,and pull that vin sticker too.its stamped on the bike.

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
Congrats on the great buy and Welcome home. This bike as for many others will be with us for the duration. I believe that you will enjoy this forum just as much as the last.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Welcome, glad to have you. Before you buy to many of those items, you may want to check on here. I've seen the deep dish bezels sold several times. Just a thought

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike, hope you enjoy the community and find it useful and helpful.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank You All!

Make sure you get the blockoff plates with the dimples. But I know you know that. :)
I do now :) Last time I did it, not many people made them and they didn't have the dimpled ones yet. The process required drilling out the rivets that held the reed valve and removing it permanently. This is much better.

welcome,and pull that vin sticker too.its stamped on the bike.
Thanks, I've read that here, but couldn't find it. Can you please tell me where it is?

Welcome, glad to have you. Before you buy to many of those items, you may want to check on here. I've seen the deep dish bezels sold several times. Just a thought
Great advice and I will. The only problem is that patience is not my virtue when it comes to things like this :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts