Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my seats back from getting re-done. I initually had ostrich on them but i didnt like it and the color was too much. I havent put the back seat on yet and probably wont till the next lady wants to go for a ride. I only do that by appointment only :D. I painted the side covers myself. It was a pain in the ass but it came out good. 2 coats primer, 5 coats color, and 3 coats of clear.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Leglicker,

Very nice! :) One of the best I've seen. Hell of a job! ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks it wasnt easy....but i do have painting skills in my background and that helps. If anyone tries to paint their side covers and is confused, hit me up.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Leglicker, that IS the BEST I’ve seen. I had to do a double take when I first saw those pic’s.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, it really makes a difference, the tan color really brings out the paint

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
LL -
Looks great bro. I have the Cobra's as well. I might like to paint the side covers and was wondering if it was pretty easy to remove that particular side cover with the exhaust curving - how was it?

Thanks,
Larry

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found out the hard way that they wont go on unless the heat shields are loose and out the way. The other thing you have to do is take off the rear head cover on that side. Thats what i had to do. Its not easy but it aint too bad if you know what you are doing......

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I got mine back on without having to loosen anything! I have a couple of scratches in my frame to prove it.:mad:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There was no way mine were gonna go on without doing that. It was like havin 10 pounds of shit in a 1 pound bag!!! Aint gonna happen...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your bike looks great man!, do you have any plans to chrome your wheels?
Yes i do as a matter of fact. I just dont know if i can afford it right now. Might need to go back to Afghanistan again to make that money. It would be the final piece i think but everytime i think that, i go and spend more. :eek: Ya know......?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just got my seats back from getting re-done. I initually had ostrich on them but i didnt like it and the color was too much. I havent put the back seat on yet and probably wont till the next lady wants to go for a ride. I only do that by appointment only :D. I painted the side covers myself. It was a pain in the ass but it came out good. 2 coats primer, 5 coats color, and 3 coats of clear.
sides look good bro, where did u get the paint to match it, it looks exact as the body color , thanks ,

·
Registered
437 Posts
Wow! That looks really good. Nice work on the panels. I'd have gone a touch darker on the seat myself, but maybe its the pic/flash. At any rate, it really sets it apart from others.:cool:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ordered the paint from Motorcycle Paint :: Touch Up, Aerosol & Refinish Paint - ColorRite. They have all the colors for the Honda Fury on there. Its real easy to order and find what you need.
thanks again, im gonna order some i been wanting to paint lower forks an probably the ugly grey shaft drive ,

·
Registered
616 Posts
Yes i do as a matter of fact. I just dont know if i can afford it right now. Might need to go back to Afghanistan again to make that money. It would be the final piece i think but everytime i think that, i go and spend more. :eek: Ya know......?
Yeah, I think it would be the final piece too. It's the one last thing it needs to be a "home run" so to speak!, well maybe lowered if they ever come out with anything.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks again, im gonna order some i been wanting to paint lower forks an probably the ugly grey shaft drive ,
Just make sure you dont do what i did and thats paint it when it is raining outside. I put the clear on it and it milked up. I had to strip it all off and then paint it again. Make sure you order more paint than you need.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts