Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all
Got my new signals and was wondering where to put the load limiter for the rear. The area is clean but was wondering who had done it so sorry for repeating an old question!

Check out the pics they mimick the OEMs only smaller and LED's.

Thanks for the help in advance!!!! Was thinking of mounting on fender but would need to fill old hole from OEM and other stuff!

Led

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Here's a vid from you tube, a guy in Germany or somewhere over there... it looks like the dude doesn't even fill the hole or nothing, just sticks them in there? But, hard to tell cause of the quality of the vid. He also has his turn signals on his grips, which is pretty cool (kind of like the X on the back of the bike for the fury logo over in Europe). Anyways, here it is:

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks RED!

You are the MAN!!!

Just a cornucopia of info and know how!:):):)

I think those are to pencil looking for my taste.

I found the closest thing to OEM style WHICH I think really compliments the Fury overall! IMHO

they did just mount in the recess area of the old OEM housing. I want to drill fender like other high end choppers tight and to the Fender is the best for ME!!!! Also have to find a good spot for load limiter! This thing under side is wide open no where to hide wires from elements!

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Thinking that you should tuck the load limiter either by the fuse box, or under the frontal part of the rear fender, by the swing arm. Least, that place stays relatively dry as well, just follow the wire loom all the way back to where it goes underneath the seat. There, you can splice into it, and use the stock wires to run the connection back to where ever you want to put the lights...

There is the place that Sumo-x mounted his on the side (just looking at the placement) Also, from this chopper here, might be another idea... Would just have to get rid of the whole back assembly though, if you haven't already.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
+++10 RED thanks!!!

You see what Im goin' for and I thank you! All the bad boys have the signals on the fender.

You are right on about the load EQ splice point, they have little excess wire in the rear and this bike has little area of protection under fender no under seat storage/old V-Max. Great idea for splice in.

I wonder if I can find flat plugs to go in those hole if I just mount on Fender sidewall!

Small signals make the back end look visually larger. That is why body builders shave there head for competitions, so they look bigger.
Funny story how they made the Castle at Disney World/Land, FLA one, look taller be decreasing the window size, as they went up, it tricks your brain into thinking its really TALL! And they built 10' above grade for under ground tunnels but I digress....

No worries.... even though Kuryakyn states to keep this bug away from heat sensitive stuff, it gets hot after a while under load. I bet the frame is close enough.

Thanks

I would start right now on the signals, IF it wasnt 67 degrees hear today and been riding here for 3 days now! :cool::D:D supposed to snow here over the coming weekend.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
+++10 RED thanks!!!

You see what Im goin' for and I thank you! All the bad boys have the signals on the fender.

You are right on about the load EQ splice point, they have little excess wire in the rear and this bike has little area of protection under fender no under seat storage/old V-Max. Great idea for splice in.

No worries.... even though Kuryakyn states to keep this bug away from heat sensitive stuff, it gets hot after a while under load. I bet the frame is close enough.

Thanks

I would start right now on the signals, IF it wasnt 67 degrees hear today and been riding here for 3 days now! :cool::D:D
Np, yea... they are just resistor's housed in a cute little housing is all they are. They'll get a little hot, but not incredibly hot... GL with the install, can't wait for the pics! QQ, did you get a run/stop/turn module so that your are running all your lights from just the two lights? Just curious...

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I didn't because that's to far around the curve for my patience to hold. I get nervous doing anything to this awesome bike Im silly!!!!

I like the option but was wondering where to chop into the brake line for that to work with the brakes during the day?
So.. Ill keep you posted Im going for a ride!

Thanks
Led:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
HEY CLUELESS !!!!

HI CLUELESS

When you changed out your signals what spacer or washer did you use to fill hole left behind?

Like you idea also bud THANKS! Heres a one done tonight :):):)

New L.E.D. signals are 3x's brighter than red bulbs from Kuryakyn, they lit up my garage door when testing and the stocker did not! Looks alot better to me had an issue with that hole so i improvised and its good to go!

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
HI CLUELESS

When you changed out your signals what spacer or washer did you use to fill hole left behind?

Like you idea also bud THANKS! Heres a one done tonight :):):)

New L.E.D. signals are 3x's brighter than red bulbs from Kuryakyn, they lit up my garage door when testing and the stocker did not! Looks alot better to me had an issue with that hole so i improvised and its good to go!
I used a 1/2" chrome one I got from ACE, had to drill the square hole in the middle to get the bolt thru and used a washer inside and out.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found Nylon metric washer that fit perfectly!

Found the right size nylon flat washers and painted flat black plastic paint to match the rear!
They seem to be perfect size.... So any one changing the rear signals can find washers at ACE.. This will stop any vibrations from loosening the signal!:):D

L.E.D. EQ is gonna go in rear due to wire length and ability to work on the wires!

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
New Signals On!

Got the new signal on the bike. Had to paint washers, trim pieces for signal bases, they turned out cool and really looked finished.IMO.

Load limiter was left off because I NOW have changed my mind and like the rapid speed.I think people may notice the signals more.:eek::D
Here are the shots of them.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Got the new signal on the bike. Had to paint washers, trim pieces for signal bases, they turned out cool and really looked finished.IMO.

Load limiter was left off because I NOW have changed my mind and like the rapid speed.I think people may notice the signals more.:eek::D
Here are the shots of them.
Looks good bro... glad you got it worked out... I know, sometimes this kind of stuff can be daunting, but overall, when you get it done... it is really gratifying!

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
Led, post up the part numbers from Kury that you used if you can. I am curious if you had to use a Run-Turn-Brake Controller. Part number 4610. I am having a little trouble with mine working correctly.

My rear flashes until I hit the breaks, they they go solid. Front was working fine. Now my Front right LED is out, and the Back Right works correctly. Left Read still stops flashing as soon as I hit the breaks. Go figure:confused:

I am running the LED Silver Bullets.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Rich

I used the Headwinds Concours LED but I could NOT get the Kuryakyn Load EQ to work right. I wired as per directions and only one light did the slow flash so I just pulled it. I was gonna wire A SEPARATE GROUND LINE SO BOTH ARE GROUNDED, I THINK THAT IS MY PROBLEM.

Kuryakyn Load EQ-2amp #48100 or 4810 maybe I may need a 4 amp load to get the slow flash...

I like the rapid more now than ever...

Rich good luck with this problem.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Hi Rich

I used the Headwinds Concours LED but I could NOT get the Kuryakyn Load EQ to work right. I wired as per directions and only one light did the slow flash so I just pulled it. I was gonna wire A SEPARATE GROUND LINE SO BOTH ARE GROUNDED, I THINK THAT IS MY PROBLEM.

Kuryakyn Load EQ-2amp #48100 or 4810 maybe I may need a 4 amp load to get the slow flash...

I like the rapid more now than ever...

Rich good luck with this problem.
Do you have LED's on the front as well? That might explain why you couldn't get it to flash right?

I agree, the rapid flashing is good... Draws my eyes to the speedometer more when I see it flashing for too long, so I get to turn it off faster, safety issue with me. As I have known some guys that forgot to turn off their blinker and the car thought they were turning... :/

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
OK - i gotta ask, because my searches are coming up blank....

The blue bike in the picture... where do i find those PIPES!!!!

OMG, they are perfect!

thanks
tony
They are Sumo-X's pipes that he was thinking of coming out with... Might want to call him and find out whether or not he plans on coming out with them or not...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.