Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a crazy surprise move, my wife gave me the thumbs up yesterday to trade in my old bike and bring home a new Blue. Jumped on the stealer yesterday so's I wouldn't miss out, but had to wait a whole 14 hours 'fore I was in the seat...

Anyhow, I just wanted to thank everybody here for the information; I'm totally stoked to have found this site! I've been ogling the Fury since I saw the first ad, but I still wasn't too sure. I spent hours on the net reading and thinking...in the long run everything y'all were saying was very encouraging.

Only about 60 miles or so today, between waiting on delivery, going to the insurance company, running around doing Dad stuff...but it was the greatest 60 miles I've logged on a bike in, oh, about forever...super comfortable, handles great...I'll know by tomorrow or Friday eve just how long I can stay on it stock... I suppose I'm preaching to the choir...

Any thoughts on a good two-up seat? No way I'll get away with a solo, given my wife's extremely good nature and support on this one...not sure I'd want to, or at least not often.

Again, thanks to all here at Fury Forums!

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Welcome Baldy; spent 14 years LAish myself, Venice Beach. Well this is the place to be. Use search function, and definitely read all of the thread, FAQ by Redspawn. C&C seats have a very good rep here and very fair prices. So read up and go slow till you learn the bike, since she is a little different with her long wheelbase. Of course, even experienced riders I recommend getting the video, available on INTERNET, Ride like a Pro. Very, Very, good stuff for all riders. Teaches you procedures to turn larger bikes in smaller and smaller radius among other things. It is 4am, gotta sleep sometime, see ya at lunch. Ever go to Pinks for a chili dog or burger?

PS Also check out West Coast regional Forum, bottom of Honda Fury Forum page.
And thread by Redspawn: Plant your Flag.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Welcome!! First thing is to remove your reflectors before posting a pic or the reflector police will get you.Almost all of my riding is two up,I went with the C&C sport tour.It doesn't flow with the fender the best but it is very comfortable according to my wife.Enjoy the bike,and the forum.Ride safe.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We have a really good group in the West Coast Fury Riders (WCFR) and try to get together from time-to-time for local rides. I'm in Orange County so if you ever down this way shoot me a pm.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
baldylocks,
Congratulations on your new family addition! :D
I am on the north end of Malibu if you ever get up this way...
T

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thank You!

Let's see...Thanks for the welcome everybody!

Sea Dawg - I make "The Valley" every once in a while - I meet a friend up at Hungry Valley each summer. Any good rides around Pyramid, Quail, or Castaic?

Fist of Fury - Make the OC a lot, I've got family all over there. Besides, PCH...

tdebeers - never made Malibu yet, but I'm looking forward to some riding there...I hear the Santa Monica Mountains have some nice rides. I'd also like to ride PCH through there on the way to Santa Barbara; my wife and I will be making that ride later this summer...

Of course, I'll be removing the miscellanea asap. Already working on the stickers, reflectors are next. I don't think I'll be moving the plate until I see some aftermarket kits, but we'll see. Other mods like exhaust 'n such will have to wait till I stash more cash, but graphics are comin soon (my brother is a custom airbrush dude!)

Again, thanks to all!

Edit - thanks for the info Mental...looking for "Plant your flag" now...No, I've never been to Pinks. I'm guessing I should give it a try...I'll look it up!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Welcome, you made a great choice... Matte silver here, tho I love em all... Trust me I love my color tho I miss waxing and detailing a beautiful shiny surface... The blk swepts give it a cool look..

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Well just wanted to hop in and congrat you on your new bike... I am donw in Del Mar. Keep a eye out because syekcim... he is going to be setting up a run through Malibu hills. You will be able to get a good idea of what you may be looking for with this group... we have similar items but then there are some specific items others don't have... just a thought.

Enjoy!!!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Ugggg, another blue... get on it and paint her green :p Gratz man... we'll meet up eventually ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ride Log

I did a 150 mi round tripper yesterday with my son. San Gabriel Valley to Yucaipa...watched my nephew play All Stars while the rest of my family ogled the Fury. We took 38 to Rim O The World coming back, great ride all around.

I was hoping to report that it was a flawless trip, but alas, not so. At about 110 miles, she slipped out of fifth, twice in the span of a mile. Shifts were good (I was looking for this problem), and it didn't happen again. Other than that, it was a great day! No pics cause we were stoopid busy all day, but when I get pics, feel free to flame me for leaving the reflectors on the forks...I removed the ones from the fenders, but I'm leaving em up front...

Thanks to all for the great info you post here...I'm learning tons about this bike!

Mike

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I did a 150 mi round tripper yesterday with my son. San Gabriel Valley to Yucaipa...watched my nephew play All Stars while the rest of my family ogled the Fury. We took 38 to Rim O The World coming back, great ride all around.

I was hoping to report that it was a flawless trip, but alas, not so. At about 110 miles, she slipped out of fifth, twice in the span of a mile. Shifts were good (I was looking for this problem), and it didn't happen again. Other than that, it was a great day! No pics cause we were stoopid busy all day, but when I get pics, feel free to flame me for leaving the reflectors on the forks...I removed the ones from the fenders, but I'm leaving em up front...

Thanks to all for the great info you post here...I'm learning tons about this bike!

Mike
It is a minor defect that only a few of us have had (also, make sure you didn't feather foot it, as this has happened to a few people as well, nice clean taps on the shifter are necessary). If your initial is truly the problem, take it to the dealer, have them replace the lever and linkage and you shouldn't have that problem again. Glad you liked the ride! Hope to hear more reports from you. If your dealer gives you any problems, PM me and I will gladly give you information for myself and my dealer!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts