Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's my Fury:

I just had the RAW Stealth Taillight installed. I went with a side mount plate and decided to try out Custom Dynamic's LED Tag Boltz to light the plate at night and act as two more brake lights. They were wired so that they come on whenever I push the brake. They are unnoticeable when off. The pictures don't do them justice. They are just as bright as the RAW taillight when on.

I'm waiting for my chrome license plate frame to come in, so it's not completely done but you get the idea. Lemme know what you think!

·
Registered
889 Posts
It looks freakin sweet! Did you end up being able to use the bracket I sent or did you figure something else out?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks freakin sweet! Did you end up being able to use the bracket I sent or did you figure something else out?
I used the one you sent. I love it. I think I'm gonna try and find some way to extend it more towards the rear so I can mount the outside holes on the bracket. To me it looks like the plate is too far away from the bike.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I used the one you sent. I love it. I think I'm gonna try and find some way to extend it more towards the rear so I can mount the outside holes on the bracket. To me it looks like the plate is too far away from the bike.
I was thinking that too. You could always just drill new holes in the plate itself. I've done that before to get a plate right where I wanted it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Where did you get the back fender plug. Just removed my pad and I'm looking for a plug like the one you have. All I've found are spikes and stuff like that. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did you get the back fender plug. Just removed my pad and I'm looking for a plug like the one you have. All I've found are spikes and stuff like that. Thanks.
Any hardware store should have it. Not exactly sure what its called

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking that too. You could always just drill new holes in the plate itself. I've done that before to get a plate right where I wanted it.
True...but it could only go so far. The rear hub prevents the plate from moving over much. If i could extend it back an inch or so it'd be fine

·
Registered
889 Posts
True...but it could only go so far. The rear hub prevents the plate from moving over much. If i could extend it back an inch or so it'd be fine
I'm thinking if you bolted up the plate in the middle, you'd be able to install 2 more of those bolt lights and have all 4 of them light up... did you repaint the bracket? If you don't have it painted, I bet you could put it in a vise and heat it up a little where you want it to bend and whack it with a hammer a couple times to get it to twist and therefore get the bent result you're looking for...

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm thinking if you bolted up the plate in the middle, you'd be able to install 2 more of those bolt lights and have all 4 of them light up... did you repaint the bracket? If you don't have it painted, I bet you could put it in a vise and heat it up a little where you want it to bend and whack it with a hammer a couple times to get it to twist and therefore get the bent result you're looking for...
It's already painted :( I'll see what will work when I get my plate frame in the mail, if I do...it's been two weeks and I haven't heard a thing. Gotta love ebay :mad:

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Love it

Looks great man! Did ryguy00 make that side mount for you or was it something he had extra and sold you? I want to mount my plate the same way but those mounts are sooo expensive.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Nevermind just found one for $15 on ebay
That's where mine came from that I sold to him. The hardware used for the install was shanes mount kit.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks good, but does your plate not have to be illuminated all the time at night?
It does. There's actually LEDs integrated in the bolts. Like I said...the pictures don't do them justice. The plate is fully visible at night.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Tail light install

Did you do the install yourself or did you have a shop do it? If you did it yourself, how was it. I Love that tail light and will be getting one myself. I will try to stay out of your neck of the woods so you are the only one there with that mod ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay Cee
Looks good, but does your plate not have to be illuminated all the time at night?

It does. There's actually LEDs integrated in the bolts. Like I said...the pictures don't do them justice. The plate is fully visible at night.
Ahh, i misunderstood your post to mean they only illuminated when you hit the break. Good to see i have not misplaced my stupid :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts