Honda Fury Forums: banner

New Taillight

6K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  daRe 
#1 ·
So here's my Fury:

I just had the RAW Stealth Taillight installed. I went with a side mount plate and decided to try out Custom Dynamic's LED Tag Boltz to light the plate at night and act as two more brake lights. They were wired so that they come on whenever I push the brake. They are unnoticeable when off. The pictures don't do them justice. They are just as bright as the RAW taillight when on.

I'm waiting for my chrome license plate frame to come in, so it's not completely done but you get the idea. Lemme know what you think!

See less See more
#3 ·
It looks freakin sweet! Did you end up being able to use the bracket I sent or did you figure something else out?

#4 ·
I used the one you sent. I love it. I think I'm gonna try and find some way to extend it more towards the rear so I can mount the outside holes on the bracket. To me it looks like the plate is too far away from the bike.

#5 ·
I was thinking that too. You could always just drill new holes in the plate itself. I've done that before to get a plate right where I wanted it.

#15 ·
That's where mine came from that I sold to him. The hardware used for the install was shanes mount kit.

#19 ·
Tail light install

Did you do the install yourself or did you have a shop do it? If you did it yourself, how was it. I Love that tail light and will be getting one myself. I will try to stay out of your neck of the woods so you are the only one there with that mod ;)

#21 ·
Did you do the install yourself or did you have a shop do it? If you did it yourself, how was it. I Love that tail light and will be getting one myself. I will try to stay out of your neck of the woods so you are the only one there with that mod ;)
It was installed by the dealer, but ONLY to avoid warranty issues. If it was up to me, I would have done it no problem. It's fairly simple if you know how to wire. Just follow the instructions and you should be alright!

but I did take it all apart to make it just like I wanted when I got it back from the dealer :p

#20 ·
Originally Posted by Jay Cee
Looks good, but does your plate not have to be illuminated all the time at night?

It does. There's actually LEDs integrated in the bolts. Like I said...the pictures don't do them justice. The plate is fully visible at night.
Ahh, i misunderstood your post to mean they only illuminated when you hit the break. Good to see i have not misplaced my stupid :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.