Honda Fury Forums: banner

New to form

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  zzb3 
#1 ·
I got my Fury last year & have been following the form off & on. I love my bike, it is a 2010 but looks new & have 1400 miles on it. I,m 75 years old & it took me a while to get back into riding for my last bike was a Triumph 650 Bonneville in
the early 1970 . My wife had a fit over me buying it, but she did the same when I built a front engine dragster back then
also. Oh well just wanted to say hello.

Fly

#2 ·
I got my Fury last year & have been following the form off & on. I love my bike, it is a 2010 but looks new & have 1400 miles on it. I,m 75 years old & it took me a while to get back into riding for my last bike was a Triumph 650 Bonneville in
the early 1970 . My wife had a fit over me buying it, but she did the same when I built a front engine dragster back then

Fly
Welcome from N.E. FL.

Post some pics of the bike, and the dragster for that matter, when you get a chance.

Ride safe.

#4 · (Edited)

Fly
Hello Fly,

Congratulations on your purchase of your low mileage like new 2010 Fury.

I've had a 2013 since new, now with 30k miles on it.

I've had to do a battery replacement, early replacement of front tire due to bubble , left fork seal, clutch cable broke at hand lever (28k miles). Other than that, regular maintenance.

If you've been following the Forum you are probably aware of weak battery issues and maybe fuel pump drama.

Check your tires for dry rot if tires have not already been changed. 43# rear, 33# front. Tire pressures are critical..must use a gauge, a visual check is not enough.

Yes ! Post a picture, it's OK if it's black....

And please, keep it on 2 wheels.

Ride on !

#5 ·

Fly
Welcome from IOWA

#7 ·

Fly
Mine is a 2015 at 19k miles. I don't ride as much as I used to but planing a trip cross country next year. Damn china bug delayed it. BTY, I'm 70 and been riding since 1965.

#9 ·
Welcome aboard from sunny, hot California. And welcome back to riding!
We have a google map of the Fury Nation, you can see it from the link above my signature picture. We are filling it with willing members, ride locations, hangouts, etc. If you WANT, we can add you on there, just need a zip code (no addresses online!). If you don't, that's fine too, check it out anyway and see who is near you.

Be safe out there, the other drivers have NOT gotten better about bikers :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.