Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I'm Drew. I'm just here kinda trying to learn more about the fury itself. the guy at the local dealership was basically just trying to get me to buy the bike so told me everything he thought I'd want to hear. you all know how that goes. anyways I was just wondering what some of you people thought about it that have had the fury and rode it for awhile. right now its a toss up for me between the fury and the fat boy lo due to the fact that I'm kind of a bigger guy 6'3 270lbs not fat like round though lol and am not sure what will fit me best. most of the riding would be just casual city riding no real long distances. anyways thanks in advance for any input. hope to hear from some of you soon.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Drew check with Richard1 he is in Dayton but I think he is a little bigger then you:eek: I am 150ish so I can't help out much with info for ya except DO IT!!!!!! BUY ONE!!!!!

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
most of the riding would be just casual city riding no real long distances.
That statement right there says it all. Get the Fury. Not that you can't ride the Fury long distances as many of our members have proven otherwise, and I'll be taking a small, 800 mile round trip soon, but if you're just riding around town, the Fury is perfect for you. ;)

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
I think you may be hard pressed to find anyone who has bought a Fury and did not love it. Sure there have been some members that have sold their Fury, but it was most often a case of, financial hardship, wife said they had too, or were project guys and modded the crap out of the bike and were ready to move on to the next project. I have not read anyone talking about not liking the Fury.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey Drew, I'm new to this forum, too. I just bought a Fury last Thursday, and already have almost 1100 miles on it. I'm a big guy, too. I thought I might need forward controls on the bike - but I totally don't. I have never felt more comfortable with a stock riding position on any bike. I absolutely LOVE this bike. You'll be comfortable around town as well as the long haul. I'm planning on packing a bed roll and riding up to Devil's Tower, WY next weekend on the Fury - it's that comfortable for us bigger guys.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
6' 210 Cannella risors on the bars and swing wing pegs both cheap mod's and make the Bike feel like a dream....:D

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
6' 5" and 240lbs
I got risers and 3 in extended foward controls. It is a great ride. I also got the shock all the way down. No problems. Pics in my album on my profile page. Click on my name to get there. If you don't know how yet.
I am in Northern IL. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
HellO Drew and welcome. Well, I think you are just going to have to test ride both with the same type of riding you are going to do. The Fury is an extremely well built bike, has Honda quality, and wherever you go they say people congregate and ask, who built your bike. At your weight you will probably want a C and C seat, as most have gone to (300ish), and aftermarket exhaust (4-700). The rest is, how much bling do you want. If you have a long inseam you will want extended controls. (6-700) or swing wings. It is a fantastic city rider. Hope this helps ya. Hang around for a while, check out the gallery, and past Fury of Month winners to see what can be done. Hope this helps ya. Feel free to PM any Member with a question if you don't want to post it, we have a great group here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello everyone I'm Drew. I'm just here kinda trying to learn more about the fury itself. the guy at the local dealership was basically just trying to get me to buy the bike so told me everything he thought I'd want to hear. you all know how that goes. anyways I was just wondering what some of you people thought about it that have had the fury and rode it for awhile. right now its a toss up for me between the fury and the fat boy lo due to the fact that I'm kind of a bigger guy 6'3 270lbs not fat like round though lol and am not sure what will fit me best. most of the riding would be just casual city riding no real long distances. anyways thanks in advance for any input. hope to hear from some of you soon.
Welcome Welcome

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good choice on getting opinions before deciding. Like was said before you are probably asking the wrong guys if they like the Fury or not lol, great bike, reasonable price, reliable company. I think with being as tall as you are that you are going to need forward controls, I'm 5' 11" and wish I had them, yeah the controls are nice from the factory but I think you being that tall are going to need them pushed out 3 more inches, you'll probably be fine with the stock seat for a while but will probably want a new one also, JMO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the input everybody. I do think im going to get the fury early next year. gonna pay off my truck first so I can have money to mod it lol. I do have one more question though. why do all these retarded harley fanboys keep bashing the welds on the hondas? I mean they looked fine to me and I haven't heard of any welds breaking.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
thanks for the input everybody. I do think im going to get the fury early next year. gonna pay off my truck first so I can have money to mod it lol. I do have one more question though. why do all these retarded harley fanboys keep bashing the welds on the hondas? I mean they looked fine to me and I haven't heard of any welds breaking.
Drew, this place is great for getting truthful responses (along with some fun ones) about the bike....like you, I joined before getting one - but I knew I wanted one.....

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Well, no problems with the welds, they could of been neater, Honda says they wanted it to look like someone built it in their garage. I would just agree with them and say, yes, they could of cleaned that up better, and let it go..:D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey Drew welcome aboard , I just wanted to post my experience with the Fury . I went to a local dealer with a buddy on a Saturday cuz he wanted to look at Fatboys , When we walked in I saw a buddy that I used to work with and started talkin to him ( he was the salesman ) I saw a Matte Silver and asked him what the hell it was as I didnt even know that Honda made a chopper . He said it was the new Honda Fury . I sat on it and looked it over for a few , went to the HD side of the dealership with my buddy to look at the Fatboys and wasnt impressed at all . Went back to Honda side looked again and left . Went back the next week traded in my VLX DLX 600 Shadow for the Matte Silver and couldnt be happier , been slowly moddin and makin it my own and have been havin a blast . I have had nothing but compliments since the day I brought her home , have had quite a few people stoppin to take pics with their cell phone and asking all sorts of questions about it . Mostly Harley riders . Oh BTW I'm 5'10" 215 and no problems except for the seat but changed that out for a new Mustang seat (bad back ).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts