Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a 16 fury with the cobra exhaust and power pro. End of last season it was hesitant to start on occasions. Thought it was just a weak battery but now it started to backfire a little bit when it starts. I'm thinking it may be the spark plugs just need changing. Thanks for the help in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it's got around 9k. The gauges reset occasionally but not everytime when I start it and when I started it last I could tell it was definitely running rich from the smell

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Greenbush Michigan where our town is so small that "running from the police" means hiding in a cornfield! RIDE SAFE

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Welcome from Denver. There is a lot of useful information here, and a lot of smart people. Also, remember that the search function is your friend!

·
Premium Member
13,440 Posts
Thanks, it's got around 9k. The gauges reset occasionally but not everytime when I start it and when I started it last I could tell it was definitely running rich from the smell
If it is resetting the dash I would put a decent battery in it before i did anything else.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
So I got a 16 fury with the cobra exhaust and power pro. End of last season it was hesitant to start on occasions. Thought it was just a weak battery but now it started to backfire a little bit when it starts. I'm thinking it may be the spark plugs just need changing. Thanks for the help in advance
Welcome from the Sandwich Islands (mmmm, yummy!)

Agree with @460brevill, before you go any further start with the known issues--have the battery tested and most likely replaced. Some of the battery maintainers will bring back a battery from the dead, @Señor Gar likes CTec, I like higher-end BatteryMinder brand, both should recover a dead battery.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Welcome from California! Yeah, I have had this from time to time, and replacing my battery fixed mine.

There is a map of your new family, you can click the 'Fury Nation' map under my signature picture, it's under a few other guys' signatures as well. We are trying to fill it with members, landmarks, ride locations and routes, etc. If you WANT, we can add you to the map as well, we would just need a zip code (no addresses!). If you don't, no big deal, feel free to check on it.

There's TONS of info on this site for just about anything, mods or help, and while it can be hard to muck through it via the search function, it's worth a look!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts