Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

Registered
1984 Aspencade; 2005 VTX1300R; 2007 Shadow VT1100; 2007 Goldwing
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ridden Honda motorcycles longer than most of the members here have been alive. Right now, I ride an '84 Goldwing Aspencade, a 2005 VTX 1300R, a Shadow VT 1100, and an 07 Goldwing air bag model.
So, I understand that each year, model, etc. has their own quirks and issues.
When Honda first came out with the Fury, I fell in love with the looks, and have decided to pick one up.
What different sub models does the Fury have, and what are the options to each?
What year has the least problems?
In general, I'm looking to compare the good and bad with each year and model to know what to start looking for.
Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Welcome from Daytona:cool:
Other then frame and tank & fender color combinations, not much in differences.
The early 2010 thru 2011 had a faulty fuel filter design. you can upgrade to the new style if needed.
Some bikes seam to have hard start issues. Usually battery related but can be the starter or connections.

Reactions: Gizmo

Registered
60 here n going strong well for riding anyway. Just had my knee operation last Mon on the 4th n went on my 1st ride today couldnt wait any longer. Put on around 40 miles 1st thing this morning came home took a senior citizen nap then went back out again for about 35 more miles came back n guess what took another senior citizen nap lol. Cannot wait until l am back 100%. This sleeping so much is for the birds. Tomorrow planning to head out again 1st thing cant wait. Got to get as much riding in before l have to go back to work.

Registered
What kind of operation? I've had both of mine replaced over the last year. Still recovering, but the Fury is great therapy.
Tore a Meniscus 6 months ago finally got in to have in done. Just have to get over the healing part now. And yes the fury is great therapy. The bouncing doesnt always feel great but u have to do what u have to do. l am not ready to get them replace just yet lol doesnt sound like fun. What l just went through wasnt fun but total replacement has to be alot worse.

Registered
Tore a Meniscus 6 months ago finally got in to have in done. Just have to get over the healing part now. And yes the fury is great therapy. The bouncing doesnt always feel great but u have to do what u have to do. l am not ready to get them replace just yet lol doesnt sound like fun. What l just went through wasnt fun but total replacement has to be alot worse.
I don't know about worse, the replacement is tough, but everything is new. There is no old pain anymore. I'm glad I had it done.

Registered
I don't know about worse, the replacement is tough, but everything is new. There is no old pain anymore. I'm glad I had it done.
How did you go getting the full range of movement back? My wife had a half knee replacement in her left knee back in February and she is still working on getting it to bend past 115 degrees. In theory she needs 120 degrees of bend to be able to handle stairs without problems but she is doing fine with stairs. Squats are the problem so she has had to modify her daily workout routine and still do all the exercises the physiotherapist gives her. The doctor says that she may not get the full range of bend back but he expects her knee to improve over time. Like you she has no pain now and she can walk at full speed and not limp around as she was before the operation.

Registered
How did you go getting the full range of movement back? My wife had a half knee replacement in her left knee back in February and she is still working on getting it to bend past 115 degrees. In theory she needs 120 degrees of bend to be able to handle stairs without problems but she is doing fine with stairs. Squats are the problem so she has had to modify her daily workout routine and still do all the exercises the physiotherapist gives her. The doctor says that she may not get the full range of bend back but he expects her knee to improve over time. Like you she has no pain now and she can walk at full speed and not limp around as she was before the operation.
The range of motion just came with the therapy. I pushed as hard as I could stand it and keep doing the same exercises now. The swelling is still in my left one. I have 150 degrees of movement in both knees though It's been 11 months on one and 18 months on the other one.They are still sore at times , but I'm sure that will go away too.

Registered
The range of motion just came with the therapy. I pushed as hard as I could stand it and keep doing the same exercises now. The swelling is still in my left one. I have 150 degrees of movement in both knees though It's been 11 months on one and 18 months on the other one.They are still sore at times , but I'm sure that will go away too.
Keep at it, we're pullin' for ya!

Registered
I am glad everything worked out well for you. Knees n hips take alot of abuse over the years. And if you like to ride motorcycles it helps not to have pain in the knee n hip area. Like you said there is no more old pain anymore its just the healing pain thats left now. So it is going in the right direction thats for sure. l have an appt with the surgeon this coming tuesday so he can look at it, pull the stitches out n to check my range of motion out which isnt that much yet lol n to let me know when l can go back to work which l hope is next week. l would of never thought that l would say this but l really miss not working. But when l get back to work l bet it will only take me a couple of days to wish l was out again lol.

Registered
I wish they would let me get a total knee replacement. But docs say no. Multiple I've gone to. I'm 36. Pain every day, it's brutal.

Registered
2011 Fury
I feel ya krash I tore my right knee mcl 3 years ago and the docs keep sending me for physical therapy鈥. 馃う鈥嶁檪锔 Which only makes it hurt and swell more so I stopped that abs decided to just deal with the pain for now鈥.

Registered
I feel ya krash I tore my right knee mcl 3 years ago and the docs keep sending me for physical therapy鈥. 馃う鈥嶁檪锔 Which only makes it hurt and swell more so I stopped that abs decided to just deal with the pain for now鈥.
OH! And I found someone younger than me!!!! 馃槀
Ha yeah, I might be one of the younger guys on this forum.

Yeah mines been plaguing me since my 20's. I grew up playing catcher in baseball, then went on to have a long snowboarding hobby/lifestyle where I wasn't easy on it. Cliff drops, big jumps, crashes and tumbles.
At this point I'm missing a huge patch of cartilage in my left knee (bone on bone, stage 4) which they tell me is the equivalent of having a knee of someone in their 80's.

My right nee I've had several serious injuries to it (which have all required surgery), with the latest a few years back being a full blow out...ACL, MCL, meniscus all in one shot.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts