Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Read Only
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... I'm picking up my 2014 Fury Saturday. I will have to have bags and a shield and was wondering your thoughts on the best route... I love the hard bag look I've seen on others but I don't think glossy black ill look very good so I'm leaning towards leather. I'm also looking into a Memphis Shade, around 18"-19" high with gradient black.

Can ya'll help a girl out?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hey all... I'm picking up my 2014 Fury Saturday. I will have to have bags and a shield and was wondering your thoughts on the best route... I love the hard bag look I've seen on others but I don't think glossy black ill look very good so I'm leaning towards leather. I'm also looking into a Memphis Shade, around 18"-19" high with gradient black.

Can ya'll help a girl out? View attachment 237805
A good set of hard bags painted white would look nice. Love the user name too.

·
Super Moderator
3,018 Posts
Welcome. Are you a former Harley owner? Why the crossover?

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Nice ride, you will love it.

Reactions: 68770

·
Registered
470 Posts
Memphis Shade's 'Demon' (which is 18" high with the gradient black) looks great on the Fury.
I agree, and be sure and order the black brackets to keep it stealth like.

There was..maybe is another girl rider on this forum with your same color and year with the Speed Demon shield. Quite a coincidence.

Welcome aboard, lets ride !

Reactions: Gizmo and 68770

·
Premium Member
2019 Fury. Blue on Blue. 8Deg Tree, 3" extension, Baron Air, Road Burner pipes, All LED Lights, Guhl
141 Posts

Can ya'll help a girl out? View attachment 237805
Welcome from Iowa

·
Registered
2014 Honda Fury
15 Posts
Welcome from Canada! Got the exact same year/colour combo a few months ago 👍 I agree the hard bags would look better than leather on this bike and for the windscreen I find it rides well without one and looks better without one but to each their own!

·
Read Only
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome. Are you a former Harley owner? Why the crossover?

@WI_Hedgehog my first bike was a '98 Honda ACE, then I've owned a Heritage, sold for a Road King (which I completed hated the ride even after two different seats and 12" bars), sold the RK and rode the hubbies Street Glide... alas I need my own ride and always loved the look of the Fury but never pulled the trigger. Saw this one and fell in love and since I've owned one in the past, I know Honda's are great bikes. Helps that I have a Honda Motorsports dealership where I live for service, too!

·
Read Only
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome from Canada! Got the exact same year/colour combo a few months ago 👍 I agree the hard bags would look better than leather on this bike and for the windscreen I find it rides well without one and looks better without one but to each their own!
@Brosifflee I'm having a hard time, trust me, 'cause I don't want to take away any of the bad ass look this bike has... but since I had a fusion last year, I have to protect my neck as much as possible.

·
Super Moderator
3,018 Posts
@WI_Hedgehog my first bike was a '98 Honda ACE, then I've owned a Heritage, sold for a Road King (which I completed hated the ride even after two different seats and 12" bars), sold the RK and rode the hubbies Street Glide... alas I need my own ride and always loved the look of the Fury but never pulled the trigger. Saw this one and fell in love and since I've owned one in the past, I know Honda's are great bikes. Helps that I have a Honda Motorsports dealership where I live for service, too!
Love the looks of the ACE, so much that can be done with it--and reliable!

Rode a CVO Street Glide for a while...nice bike, other than GPS and USB sucked, though everything else was great!

If you don't like the ride on the Fury look into the D-I-Y air suspension--affordable & worth it. Personally, I like soft bags so they can be pulled when not needed. There's also the PAIR Delete and Holy Grail Reflash that wake it up [a lot].

Congrats on your purchase, the anticipation must be... o_O

·
Read Only
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
So alas the Memphis Shades Bullet and the Gradient Black Speed Demon (21"W and 18"H) are no longer available ANYWHERE. So now my only two good options are the Alley Cat which is 19"W and 17.5"H; and the Big Shot which is 21"W and 20"H (which I think would be too big). I'm 5'8". :censored:

Whatcha thoughts on what I should do?

Big Shot
Alley Cat

·
Read Only
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Love the looks of the ACE, so much that can be done with it--and reliable!

Rode a CVO Street Glide for a while...nice bike, other than GPS and USB sucked, though everything else was great!

If you don't like the ride on the Fury look into the D-I-Y air suspension--affordable & worth it. Personally, I like soft bags so they can be pulled when not needed. There's also the PAIR Delete and Holy Grail Reflash that wake it up [a lot].

Congrats on your purchase, the anticipation must be... o_O
@WI_Hedgehog what do you mean by "There's also the PAIR Delete and Holy Grail Reflash that wake it up [a lot]. "

I'm finding that hard bags will need a grand... this girl don't have that kind of stash!

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Whatcha thoughts on what I should do?

Big Shot
Alley Cat
Have you called Memphis Shades direct and confirmed if no longer in production..or get a ETA ?

There may have been a run on shields at the distributer level due to Sturgis last week or maybe Cofefe 19 has something to due with it also.

The Speed Demon 😈 would be worth waiting for since it looks so right and does a good job.

·
Read Only
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Have you called Memphis Shades direct and confirmed if no longer in production..or get a ETA ?

There may have been a run on shields at the distributer level due to Sturgis last week or maybe Cofefe 19 has something to due with it also.

The Speed Demon 😈 would be worth waiting for since it looks so right and does a good job.
[/QUOTE]
@FuryInAlpine just called and they said it is no longer in production and they have no idea if it will ever come back :(

·
Registered
98 Posts

I DO tend to agree

1 - 20 of 33 Posts