Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, newbie here. Not a Fury owner yet but had several Honda bikes before.
I'm currently selling one of my bikes in order to buy a Fury.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
welcome aboard!!

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Welcome to the show, let us know if you have any questions. What kind of jack do you have?

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Welcome, be sure and post pics of the bike when you get it.....just make sure the reflectors are removed first. You dont want the reflector police busting you first thing.:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! I'm pleased and honored to be here. I'm currently selling my second ride, a 2001 Intruder VL1500 with 36k miles.
I have one in mind located at Clearwater powersports in Fl. I bought one bike from them already and they are good to negociate. I really can't find any used ones in my area and it seems like I'm going to have to trade since there are only low ballers and tire kickers in my area.
H

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome!! And I'll second Predator's ride. If you picked up his you'll have a HUGE jump on the mod game!

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Thanks guys! I'm pleased and honored to be here. I'm currently selling my second ride, a 2001 Intruder VL1500 with 36k miles.
I have one in mind located at Clearwater powersports in Fl. I bought one bike from them already and they are good to negociate. I really can't find any used ones in my area and it seems like I'm going to have to trade since there are only low ballers and tire kickers in my area.
H
H:

I live close by and got mine from Barney's over here on Gandy. Make sure you give them a shot at your business and, if need be, ask for Justin. You can tell him Alan sent you his way ... I've got a blue Fury and I bump into Justin a lot at Quaker Steak & Lube on Wednesday nights.

Westcoast Powersports is good, too. I used to deal with them for my SeaDoo. But, I have an issue with them - besides distance - but I won't air it in print.

But, there are a number of guys who used to be at WcPs who now are at Barney's - which sort of speaks volumes.

Later.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
H:

I live close by and got mine from Barney's over here on Gandy. Make sure you give them a shot at your business and, if need be, ask for Justin. You can tell him Alan sent you his way ... I've got a blue Fury and I bump into Justin a lot at Quaker Steak & Lube on Wednesday nights.

Westcoast Powersports is good, too. I used to deal with them for my SeaDoo. But, I have an issue with them - besides distance - but I won't air it in print.

But, there are a number of guys who used to be at WcPs who now are at Barney's - which sort of speaks volumes.

Later.
Barney's does have a good price for their products. My issue with them and I do not have a problem posting here is that junk fees often add to more than $1K to their final price, it defeats the purpose of their lower price... I'm happy you were lucky with them. Maybe I give Justin a call and use your name. I was really pissed one time because the sales man told me that they were DMV's mandatory fees (not knowing he was talking to a former car dealer). The deal turned dead when he showed me the bill of sale. I went to Powersports and got the bike with the same price and only $99.00 junk fee.
I may have to trade the bike folks, not having any love from "buyers"... Wife already said NO for another bike without selling the Intruder...:mad:

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Barney's does have a good price for their products. My issue with them and I do not have a problem posting here is that junk fees often add to more than $1K to their final price, it defeats the purpose of their lower price... I'm happy you were lucky with them. Maybe I give Justin a call and use your name. I was really pissed one time because the sales man told me that they were DMV's mandatory fees (not knowing he was talking to a former car dealer). The deal turned dead when he showed me the bill of sale. I went to Powersports and got the bike with the same price and only $99.00 junk fee.
I may have to trade the bike folks, not having any love from "buyers"... Wife already said NO for another bike without selling the Intruder...:mad:
If you go in there educated on the pricing AND know your target price, you can walk out of any dealership with a good deal.

Car, boat, motorcycle ... I walk in with a checkbook & a title in-hand and I say to the salesman, "I'm not going to play ping-pong all day with the price of this item. I have a price in mind and you need to get to that price within two attempts or I'm walking out & not coming back. So, give me a compelling price that keeps me from wanting to go see if I can do any better elsewhere."

What color Fury are you looking for? 'Cause Blue was the hot color last year and I could've probably gotten a Fury for $1500-$2000 less had I chosen ANY other color than blue. Honest ... that's not a run on the "blue bikes are faster" thread.

Anyway, go where you feel most comfortable buying. I know I feel better about Barney's service department. The other place sort-of screwed me on the SeaDoo repair once (that was the issue I'm not going to detail here) and I haven't been back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you go in there educated on the pricing AND know your target price, you can walk out of any dealership with a good deal.

Car, boat, motorcycle ... I walk in with a checkbook & a title in-hand and I say to the salesman, "I'm not going to play ping-pong all day with the price of this item. I have a price in mind and you need to get to that price within two attempts or I'm walking out & not coming back. So, give me a compelling price that keeps me from wanting to go see if I can do any better elsewhere."

What color Fury are you looking for? 'Cause Blue was the hot color last year and I could've probably gotten a Fury for $1500-$2000 less had I chosen ANY other color than blue. Honest ... that's not a run on the "blue bikes are faster" thread.

Anyway, go where you feel most comfortable buying. I know I feel better about Barney's service department. The other place sort-of screwed me on the SeaDoo repair once (that was the issue I'm not going to detail here) and I haven't been back.
Predator just replied to my PM and he is not looking for another bike as a trade. I'm going to take your suggestion and call Barney's. I got a buddy who is showing some interest on my bike as well.
I went to a local dealer in my area but no luck. They only have 2011 models above my target price.
Thanks to all for the kind words and support!
H

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Check Treasure coast and the dealer in orlando. Also if you get a bite on your bike check private lightly used. There was one when i was looking at mine for 11,500 on craigslist the guy wouldnt budge on the price but it had like 300 miles on it.

our closest dealer played games with me so i ended up driving an hr and 45 mins to get my bike. (almost went to WCP but this one was closer and could do just as good) When I have a price in mind I am not affraid of walking away if im not happy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Folks, for the last couple of days I'm dealing with a stealer here in my area. The deal is not going to happen at their terms. I'm going to list my bike on ebay to get more green. She worth double of what they are willing to pay.
I also want to thank Alan (StPeteAPB) who went out of his way to help me.
Right now my plan to buy the Fury is on the back burner until I sell the Intruder.
I'll be here checking the pictures, chating with you guys and learning about the mods.
H

1 - 20 of 21 Posts