Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Fury bone stock and am in the market for a passenger seat for my wife. Does anyone have the 79629 seat and the 79639 backrest. How does your wife like it, and are there better options out there.

Not very impressed with the Honda version of the stock seat and the stubby backrest, heck Im 6 foot 6 , and not sure my wife would like the backrest were it would sit lol.

Thanks in advance you guys and gals are an awesome reservoir of knowledge with these bikes.

Mike Trimnell
Columbus, Indiana

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Another Indiana rider!! Welcome to the forums!! we have several local riders up here in Indy.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
I have a 2010 Fury bone stock and am in the market for a passenger seat for my wife. Does anyone have the 79629 seat and the 79639 backrest. How does your wife like it, and are there better options out there.

Not very impressed with the Honda version of the stock seat and the stubby backrest, heck Im 6 foot 6 , and not sure my wife would like the backrest were it would sit lol.

Thanks in advance you guys and gals are an awesome reservoir of knowledge with these bikes.

Mike Trimnell
Columbus, Indiana
I have the stock pillion and backrest - the wife hates it.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
there are some king-queen seats that fit the Fury. look at Corbin and Mustang.
none of the flat pillions are long-ride worthy.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
nobody's mentioned Danny Grey and his seats, they look pretty damn comfortable, never seen one with a backrest though, bet it would look good with a Ginz sissybar though.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
I am working with a shop here to come up with a sissy bar that will mount like the honda, but be taller and more of a custom chopper look

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I have to add that my wife valiantly tried to ride the stock pillion; even after I added another inch of foam, which helped alot. But, it sits too low so she couldn't see over my shoulders during rides. kind of scary for her. Frankly, i wouldn't have enjoyed riding as a passenger either.

So if you really want your wife to get into riding along, check out the better seats--I believe RedSpawn has a King-Queen that is working out nicely for him.
it only takes a few minutes to swap out seats when you want to ride two-up.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
To answer your ?? I don't think anyone has tried the Mustang seat, my boss was asking me about it today, she doesn't know if she wants to spend that much on a bike sitting on the showroom floor. Looks like it only works with the drivers seat tho, so you would have to change everything.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Been holding off on the seat decision until someone came up with a sissy bar that made sense... and was hoping a couple more of the seat makers would jump into the pond... Right now, I'm leaning toward the Corbin Solo/passenger pillion combo, PROVIDED that Ginz's sissy bar mounts at the backend of the pillion and measures correctly where it bends in... cause without a sissy bar to finish it IMO, the angle of the pillion will make the rear of the bike look even heavier... with the proper sissy bar tho' it should cause your eye to the follow up & out without adding visual weight.

nobody's mentioned Danny Grey and his seats, they look pretty damn comfortable, never seen one with a backrest though, bet it would look good with a Ginz sissybar though.
I was in touch with Danny Grey a couple of weeks ago... currently they've only got the Buttcrack Solo model for the Fury, but they've told me that they're going to be coming out with additional models in late September... We'll see...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Neglected to mention in my earlier post... In addition to the visual consideration, the sissy bar's required for the Corbin combo cause the passenger pillion does not have an integrated backrest... and my lady wife will not ride without one...

The other point is cost... the Corbin/Ginz solution is way wicked expensive!!! Figure $1100!!! SIGH... But it's only money... right?... right?... right???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts