Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I just recieved this Email from the supplier that i purchased my Viper 2s thru.

Just received a dealer letter from Fuggin Fabrication informing me of a price increase which will take affect on 1 Sep 10. The new prices are as follows: Black: $799 Chrome: $849 Polish $799. If you know of someone who's interested or on the fence for a Fuggin Exhaust system please advise them of the looming price increase that will take affect here shortly. Ride Safe!!!!!

fullmoonmotorsports.com

If your thinking of getting one, you better make your move now.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Chrome Viper2's spike air intake fuggin fuel controller 3200 mi. no blueing run her up to 90's alot look like new. Had a little golden color till I added the spike. Polished the gold off 1000 mi ago. :)

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Yes; all single wall pipes turn blue. Fuggin offers heat shields which hide the blue and help you keep your cool ;).
My Vipers have been on for over 600 miles now. Highway and local riding. There is no blueing as i believe the pipes are double walled. I am also running a Cobra Fi2000 fuel controller.

Get'em, youll love'em

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Every bike is going to run a little different. I have seen Viper 2’s that have blued the first 3-5”.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Mine blued within 10 minutes! Heat shields are installed and I couldn't be happier.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Black ceramic... no worries about it bluing. But I also have the heat shields ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Chrome Viper2's spike air intake fuggin fuel controller 3200 mi. no blueing run her up to 90's alot look like new. Had a little golden color till I added the spike. Polished the gold off 1000 mi ago. :)
Do you happen to remember what fuel settings you're using? I've got the same settup and have some bronzing with the spike filter.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Wish they were but that is not the case. Contact Fuggin if you need confirmation. Their pipes are single wall as is the case with the stock Fury pipe and most from the aftermarket. Many aftermarket and our stock Fury pipes have a 3/4 wrap heat shield which gives the appearance of a double walled pipe. Fuggin gives all their pipes an internal ceramic coating which forms a heat barrier and allows the their pipes to run cooler than without ;). In addition Fuggin offers heat shields for the Viper series and possibly others (again, contact Fuggin).
well spank me and call me Susie. I figured with such a size difference just past where the pipes mount to the bike, i thought for sure they were double walled. Now knowing that they are not, i am definately not turned down pot #3 any. No blueing for me thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
well spank me and call me Susie. I figured with such a size difference just past where the pipes mount to the bike, i thought for sure they were double walled. Now knowing that they are not, i am definately not turned down pot #3 any. No blueing for me thanks.

its more than likely the stepped header design, most performance motorcycle header tube increase in size the further they get from the exhaust port.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
its more than likely the stepped header design, most performance motorcycle header tube increase in size the further they get from the exhaust port.
Which, potentially, can cost you power in the upper reaches of the powerband, as it reduces the velocity of the exhaust "slug", reducing the intensity of the scavenging "suck" on the exhaust port. For reference, look up convergent/divergent ducting.

Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sorry don't know the settings, had my dealer do the install but she runs great!
I recently went back to stock settings except for bumping mode 1 up .5 as mentioned by someone else to prevent bronzing. Put a couple 100 miles on it since and seems to be running great.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
i just re-read my post on this thread, and to my amazement ... the Vipers are selling for 850 clams! HOLY CRAP! I wasnt that far off when i said a grand to ship. Im sure glad i got my pipes when i did.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts