Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Thats different!
Kinda cool. I would have liked to see more of it. Any one here own this bike?
FESS UP!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I'll tell you who that is....notice the "L&M" shade of blue on the frame?! And the emphasize on the speedo cluster?!?!?!?

Conspiracy i tells ya!!!:mad:
No kidding!:confused:
I know it's all low and mean parts. I was not sure if low and mean actually owned the bike. But now there is another thread by them with the same video!?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
No kidding!:confused:
I know it's all low and mean parts. I was not sure if low and mean actually owned the bike. But now there is another thread by them with the same video!?
MY bad, i was drinking and i guess didn't read all of the post!:eek:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Here is my version of trying to explain to ohiofury69 how to put a youtube video in a post. I don't know if this is anywhere in the FAQ, but here goes:

First off, there are two ways I know to do this, one easy and one almost as easy. On the youtube video page, right below the video, you will see some buttons labeled "Like" "Add to" "Share" and "Embed" Click the "Share" button and a box will open up directly below there that will be the link to that video. On this video it looks like this: http://www. youtube.com/ watch?v= IicvxPwD9PA. (I added spaces so it will show the letters in the link instead of the video). Just cut and paste (CTRL C and CTRL V) where you want the video and bingo. You will end up with this:

Now it is time to sit back and marvel at your handiwork for a few minutes and then hit the submit button so we all may also marvel at your handiwork.

The other easy way is to look at all the symbols directly above the box where you type your message to post. There will be the font selection, bunch of other blah blah blah stuff and on the right side is a YouTube button. Click it, a double Youtube in brackets will appear, with the cursor placed between them. Now instead of pasting the full link you obtained for the above way, paste only the part after the "=" sign i.e. on this video will be IicvxPwD9PA. You should end up with this:

There ya go...

Someone more than likely will be able to explain this much easier than I can. If so, have at it.

·
Registered
773 Posts
That guy tried to sell me matte silver paint one time . Is he nutz ??? Or just greedy ??? Anyways bikes cool looks like he might have seen my thread on wrapping the mayhems that I did months ago . I think his accountant might have sat him down to talk to about profit margins dropping why else would he start a riders club . I guess he needed a boost in sales .
The riders club, is to support the Fury members on the forum. We don't need to do this but with everything we do we always do our best to support the forum members.
Sorry if you don't want to buy paint, it's no problem we were offering that as a favor and will not offer paint unless it's on one of our fenders.
Didn't see your wrap, do you have the Mayhems? If so I'm sure they blued just like our chrome ones did, so we wrapped them to cover this up.
More videos coming soon of this bike. Stay tuned and thanks for your support, glad you guys like the bike.
LM

·
Registered
724 Posts
That guy tried to sell me matte silver paint one time . Is he nutz ??? Or just greedy ??? Anyways bikes cool looks like he might have seen my thread on wrapping the mayhems that I did months ago . I think his accountant might have sat him down to talk to about profit margins dropping why else would he start a riders club . I guess he needed a boost in sales .
I'm not trying to play devil's advocate here but it seems like he wanted to provide a one stop shop service to you by offering to sell you paint as well. It doesn't seem like Low and Mean is greedy at all... Its called marketing and customer relations, which in turn will hopefully boost sales. Isn't that the whole point of running a business?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THANK YOU Indigestion

Now it is time to sit back and marvel at your handiwork for a few minutes and then hit the submit button so we all may also marvel at your handiwork.

Sitting back now simply amazing I can post a video now look out I have some more o wait the mods won't allow them.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Did he tell you you can just go to webslinger and pay $35 instead of paying $45 dollars for a speedo face with him. Or tell you just go through VTX Extreme and buy those 8* trees because they are the ones who make them. Didn't think so .... he offered up the paint code on another thread which was very misleading because when I called him he wanted to sell me some after I spent plenty of money already. It was for my own personal use and I did get my hands on some as someone offered to help me out on this forum just as I try to do to others . Listen I can go on and on maybe one day others will see what I see in this guy and thats greed .
I think I have a pretty good judgment of character. All I see is someone who loves motorcycles and wants to make & sell bad ass parts. I am in sales and sell items that others sell for cheaper, but, we want to be a one stop shop and sell the whole package so the customer doesn't have to go anywhere else. There is a big difference between greed and trying to make a living and pay bills.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
I hear what you are saying I am not bashing him for making a living but don't be misleading and try to well me something I can easily get right here if I only had the codes. It's only paint we are not talking about not custom parts . That's like saying I should by milk from California as well .... it just doesn't make sense ... I am not the only one he has burnt his bridge with . Oh so he is mixing the paint right there at low and mean headquarters ?! Just saying ....
It's just business. I don't hold it against the local grocery store because they don't have cows in the back squirting milk into jugs and italian chefs making pizzas and freezing them... it's a convenience, and it costs extra. Some people are willing to pay for the convenience. Those stores also don't bother to advertise where else to get what they sell, that's just bad business.

I also don't see Webslinger paying a monthly fee to be a sponsor on here, nor does VTXtreme. Those others also don't create install guides and how-to videos on youtube and in our forum here to make it easy to install the parts they sell. L&M does, and some people will pay the extra to support a vendor who supports this forum.

I've been far from an L&M fanboy on here, so you can't say I am. I've actually never bought anything from them. I'm also not knocking the other guys, either, I bought my speed from Webslinger because I wanted my own design. And L&M isn't just another member posting on here and trying to make a buck, they're an actual business who pays to be on here. I don't expect businesses to run a charity.

*plink* *plink*

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
i have my own business and when i sell a part i got elswhere i do a markup.when they ask me for a part im not going to tell them they can get it cheaper somewhere down the road.at that rate i wouldnt be in business long.my 2 cents

·
Registered
773 Posts
Did he tell you you can just go to webslinger and pay $35 instead of paying $45 dollars for a speedo face with him. Or tell you just go through VTX Extreme and buy those 8* trees because they are the ones who make them. Didn't think so .... he offered up the paint code on another thread which was very misleading because when I called him he wanted to sell me some after I spent plenty of money already. It was for my own personal use and I did get my hands on some as someone offered to help me out on this forum just as I try to do to others . Listen I can go on and on maybe one day others will see what I see in this guy and thats greed .
First off, Your taking shots at us for this stuff is disrespectful. And to be honest your facts are not correct. Yes we sell Webslingers speedos for more because there's no margins for our Distributors overseas at his price. He has no problem with this and this is something that we have to deal with.
8 degree triple trees are made by VTX-treme, but we sell them, why would I send you to them when we are a dealer and their biggest dealer??? We made the instructions, the instruction video and have invested marketing dollars in to their product. WE NEVER CALLED IT OURS!! But it sure looked that way, but where's the harm in that?
As for this on going paint situation, please!!!! We never offered a paint code, we did say we had a perfect match that we can offer, not like the colorrite stuff we invested in and had the through away. I was just trying to help you out with some paint and you didn't see the effort in service we were trying to provide. WE DON'T sell paint, but we did pay good money to have it matched for us to use on our products.

Glad we were able to straighten out this GREAT misunderstanding. I want to thank you again for pointing out our short comings and if you ever need our help we would still be glad to do so, whether you like us or not.
Thanks and ride safe.
LM

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
WTF Going on Here! All A Guy Did Was Post A Video Of A BIKE! If You Have A Hard-On For Someone Start Your Own Thread! Now, Back to the Matte Black Bike with a Blue Frame! :mad:

·
Registered
724 Posts
I didn't mean for this bullshit to take over this thread.:( This bike is badass and has to be one of my favorite color schemes. I love the blue frame and the really fast matte silver skins. They have definitely thought outside the box and come up with something that looks even more custom than it already looked. I have to say, L&M has really done a great job with coming up with more and more things for the Fury, or providing parts from others:D. That's what this forum is about too right?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts