Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been slammed with paint work (Painted Furyforum member SCHMUD's blue fury) and I have not had alot of time lately to work on my own bike much less get pics up, but here is a pics of the twin bottle NX nitrous system on my bike.

Now first let me say I'm not looking to break the speed record for a Fury! Even though I have eliminated the 100mph cut off, its mainly for 'wow' factor and pure intimidation to the Harley crews at the drive in. Especially as soon as get the purge wired up on it! lol! (All in good fun for those that are Harley lovers.)

Fitment was pretty good except the clutch cable had to be raised off the frame about a 1/4 of an inch to get the bracket on. No issues with it as well as no issue with turning as long as the bottles are mounted low enough and no issues from vibration while going down the road.

I thought the bottles would stick out too much, but actualy could not see the bottles while driving and they did not get in the way of foot controls either. I'll have more pics up soon...

Still need to do some more tunning, but final pull showed an increase of 11.8hp running a conservative tune. Currently 70.6 rwhp - 86lbft. I hope to take some video next time I go to the dyno and will share.

PS - Special thanks to Nitrous Express! check them out for all your 'Go Fast' needs.

Easy E
Waters Airbrush

Attachments

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
That is cool!
Would those tanks blow up if they were to be hit by a stone or rock?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Nitrous tanks are pretty tough actually so any debris that would come in contact with them will not cause them to rupture.

·
Registered
438 Posts
How many minutes/seconds does the bottle last when you open it up?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Freakin cool bro. I'd also like to know how long a bottle will last. Do you have it set to kick in at a certain throttle position or do you have a separate button to spray it?

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
That's cool! I didn't know you removed your speed limiter, was that through a tuner?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's cool! I didn't know you removed your speed limiter, was that through a tuner?
limiter was removed through tuner. Took it to 114mph on dyno. To other questions... I have it set for full throttle through the activation switch. I do have a toggle on the side of the bike to engage it. So when the toggle is off there is no injection into the bike during normale riding. I flip of the switch at the stop light and im good to go as long as the bottles are open.

Amount - I actually got about 6 pulls on the dyno with just engaging in 5th gear. I got 3 pulls with engaging in 3rd, 4th & 5th. Cost to refill is about $10 each.

I'm am working on getting a purge on it so I will see how many bursts I can get out of the two bottles and will video it as well. I will probably purge it more for shits and giggls than actually shoot it to the bike... the VTX engine can only take so much im sure.

E

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
That is really cool. Is there a way to have it automatically spray when you hit a certain rpm, rather than having to toggle it on? Guess the toggle is not that big of deal though.

·
Registered
889 Posts
That is really cool. Is there a way to have it automatically spray when you hit a certain rpm, rather than having to toggle it on? Guess the toggle is not that big of deal though.
I think I can clear this up... He is saying that the toggle switch just arms the system when it's switched on and puts it into "ready" mode. It won't spray until you go wide open throttle. Perfect setup in my opinion. You can romp around all day at wide open throttle with no nitrous, and then flip a switch and have it ready when you want it.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
I think I can clear this up... He is saying that the toggle switch just arms the system when it's switched on and puts it into "ready" mode. It won't spray until you go wide open throttle. Perfect setup in my opinion. You can romp around all day at wide open throttle with no nitrous, and then flip a switch and have it ready when you want it.
Thanks Ryan:) Makes sense.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I'd like to know what tuner you used to remove the limiter. I have used nitrous before on my older sportbikes and cars so I know how that works and yeah it looks wicked, I would definitely add this this winter just for the head turning the tank brings.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Is it hard to control the bike when you use this? Any idea what top speed you have hit now or how quick the bike is with this?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
So long as it comes in chrome... I"m in :D Might be my next project... ;)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
On the money...and yes its the best setup for a bike. I'm just tryn to figure out the best mount for my purge button. I can not find a clean enough bar set up. I have routed bikes in the past to where the horn button would purge the nitrous, but I'm not a fan of it due to safety factors. Comical I know with nitrous on my bike but I have had to use my horn more then once already! I think I will have to just mount it near the toggle. I'm just running out of room with the LED box, power programer, etc...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Here ya go JimmyFarris. Now you can get closer to keeping up with that Raider.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Is that nitrous the same stuff used by Dentists? And if so, where can you get it filled up?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts