Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the baffles out of my cobra pipes today big mistake loud and sounds like shit , ugly fucking tone big regrets lost all of the low to mid range pull I’m not gonna even try to get the bastards back in. And after reading so much mixed reviews on the way over priced big city thunder baffles it sounds like a fucking gimmick all that money for a .25 decibel difference. I was gonna score a set of FSD exhaust from another bradda on the forum but probley will have to just pass now cause I can only Imagine how obnoxious that’s gonna sound crazy bad ass beautiful but just ridiculously loud I don’t know Thunder city baffles I don’t know I’ll be waste of fucking time and money probably just buy another brand new pair of cobras o well you live and learn. I guess . If any body out there thinking of doing this mod unless you don’t care about loosing very Enjoyable ride ability and just like your Bike sound loud and stupid. Don’t do it you going regret ..

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try check out on eBay there is a guy selling a set of black ones for like 350 or best offer probley free ship to you that’s a good deal and it’s black

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is the picture that shipping price shown is just shipping to me in Hawaii witch is crazy

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m not sure how much shipping will be but I’m sure comming from Hawaii not cheap ..

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My friend the listing that I talking about is different from the one your talking about

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Took the baffles out of my cobra pipes today big mistake loud and sounds like shit , ugly fucking tone big regrets lost all of the low to mid range pull I’m not gonna even try to get the bastards back in. And after reading so much mixed reviews on the way over priced big city thunder baffles it sounds like a fucking gimmick all that money for a .25 decibel difference. I was gonna score a set of FSD exhaust from another bradda on the forum but probley will have to just pass now cause I can only Imagine how obnoxious that’s gonna sound crazy bad ass beautiful but just ridiculously loud I don’t know Thunder city baffles I don’t know I’ll be waste of fucking time and money probably just buy another brand new pair of cobras o well you live and learn. I guess . If any body out there thinking of doing this mod unless you don’t care about loosing very Enjoyable ride ability and just like your Bike sound loud and stupid. Don’t do it you going regret ..
I understand completely, an exhaust without some sort of baffle sounds like crap. I got a good sound on my AU/EU/UK spec bike by changing out the AU/EU/UK muffler for a stock US muffler and adding a spike air cleaner. Before you give up on your exhaust send Bill (460brevill) a PM and ask him to do his cut down baffle mod for Cobra swepts on your baffles. He's done a few for forum members and it's often only the cost postage to and from him.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Have you tried some lollipops?
Look them up. You can tune the sound how you like and retain some backpressure to get the torque back. My exhaust is wide open with thunder torque like lollipops and theres definitely not a loss of power.

I made mine from 304 stainless fender washers and 1/4-20 stainless screws. Requires welding though.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I also have some replica Big City Thunder baffles I welded a while ago when I had my Cobras. They are just the shell though as I got new pipes before I finished the product. You could easily add the washer and screw to them to make them adjustable "lollipops"

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
692 Posts
in my opinion, those pipes sound way better without the bafflels & i didn't notice any power loss or gain when i took mine out. takes a bite of getting used to, but purring like a kitten doesn't fit the look of these bike. buy a set of used or modded baffles & learn how to do work yourself. you gotta grind the big ends for a little clearance, also weld a nut onto the end of the baffle to screw a piece of all thread into & drive the baffles back in place. it ain't rocket science. drink a beer, take a xanax & relax.

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
Just cut the baffles and grind or sand down the outside and put them back in. You'll have better sound and restored back pressure for better performance. There are a couple different ways to go about it, depending on which end you want to cut and use.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts