Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm hand-forging my own custom sissy bar and thought it would make sense to purchase a pre-fabbed mount like Ginz makes. Went and put it my order with PhatPerformance.

Guess what? Ginz won't sell the mount without ordering a bar, even though it's a separate item.

So rather than make $120 on me, they get nothing. I guess they don't need the business. Looks like I'll be fabbing my own mount, too, unless you guys can recommend another prefab hidden mount that doesn't require drilling the fender.

·
Registered
724 Posts
That's some B.S. right there. I was planning on buying just the mount as well. Looks like that's $240 out of their pocket.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Have you called or emailed Ginz direct? I have been dealing with Teri Ortiz and have found Teri to be very helpful. They did a great deal on my sissy bar and C&C seat. Teri said they are great mates with Chuck at C&C so they get good prices from C&C. I think Ginz are doing some deals for January so you may like to contact them before you start making your own mount. Teri's email is
tortiz at ginzchoppers dot com.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Well that sucks...that was my idea too..

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you called or emailed Ginz direct? I have been dealing with Teri Ortiz and have found Teri to be very helpful. They did a great deal on my sissy bar and C&C seat. Teri said they are great mates with Chuck at C&C so they get good prices from C&C. I think Ginz are doing some deals for January so you may like to contact them before you start making your own mount. Teri's email is
tortiz at ginzchoppers dot com.
Thanks, I just sent an email, we'll see how it goes.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
It appears the sissy bar has become a challenge for me as well... here is what I was thinking about fabbing but my skills are not that good...

It's actually a kury part for HD's but I think if you cut and fabe your own you'll be able to drill into the bracket where your factory mount holes are for your fender...

It should work plus it's hidden under the seat if you still go 2 up

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Man, just don't understand why some vendor doesn't copy the Honda design with a higher back?

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update on Ginz:

Good for me, bad for everyone else. Traded emails with Teri at Ginz, she's giving me a one-time deal, and going forward brackets will cost more when purchased alone:

Our policy is that mounts are available only with the purchase of sissy bars. We have made few execptions in the past, and have made an exception for you (we will be delivering your mounts to Phat tomorrow). We just can't make a practice of only selling mounts, as the minimal profit margin does not justify the practice. Therefore, we help offset the cost of manufacturing mounts with the sale of sissy bars.

We have strong beliefs to support our country and keep work here, plus we want to make sure we provide quality materials and quality products. Therefore, we manufacture all our products in house. It costs a little more to produce versus having them mass produced in a different country. There are cases where other countries will use inferior material to what is required by established design requirements. We are not saying Honda does this (we love Honda and their awesome products!). We just don't want to go down that path to reduce prices.

We appreciate your understanding. We would appreciate if you could communicate this on the forum on our behalf.

Teri Ortiz
Customer Relations
(949)916-5926
Sissy bars for Custom Bikes, Harley Davidson and Metric bikes

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Update on Ginz:

Good for me, bad for everyone else. Traded emails with Teri at Ginz, she's giving me a one-time deal, and going forward brackets will cost more when purchased alone:

Our policy is that mounts are available only with the purchase of sissy bars. We have made few execptions in the past, and have made an exception for you (we will be delivering your mounts to Phat tomorrow). We just can't make a practice of only selling mounts, as the minimal profit margin does not justify the practice. Therefore, we help offset the cost of manufacturing mounts with the sale of sissy bars.

We have strong beliefs to support our country and keep work here, plus we want to make sure we provide quality materials and quality products. Therefore, we manufacture all our products in house. It costs a little more to produce versus having them mass produced in a different country. There are cases where other countries will use inferior material to what is required by established design requirements. We are not saying Honda does this (we love Honda and their awesome products!). We just don't want to go down that path to reduce prices.

We appreciate your understanding. We would appreciate if you could communicate this on the forum on our behalf.

Teri Ortiz
Customer Relations
(949)916-5926
Sissy bars for Custom Bikes, Harley Davidson and Metric bikes
I was pretty sure she would help you out! I always call the manufacturer if I suspect the dealer is giving me BS and as we all know dealers spin BS all the time.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I was pretty sure she would help you out! I always call the manufacturer if I suspect the dealer is giving me BS and as we all know dealers spin BS all the time.
It isnt the dealer, I would tell Teri to offer everything as a package since you gotta order the bar to get the mounts. It would avoid the issue you had

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I have zero fab skills but between what ericegg showed and what ginz offers i would think one of you wrenchers could fab 1/8" sheet metal to twist from the rear fender truss down and then around the fender and then back up to the fender edge. It would then need either a round or square insert holder for the bars to drop into. then maybe a through-bolt to hold the bar.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have zero fab skills but between what ericegg showed and what ginz offers i would think one of you wrenchers could fab 1/8" sheet metal to twist from the rear fender truss down and then around the fender and then back up to the fender edge. It would then need either a round or square insert holder for the bars to drop into. then maybe a through-bolt to hold the bar.
I worked this up on 1/4 inch...its rock solid. I'll grind it down smooth, drill holes, tap them and then attach the bar I work up directly to it. My intent is to have the sissy bar easily removable but sturdy. Once I have it painted black, I think the mount will be hardly noticable when the bar is removed. If I want a cleaner look, the mount is easy to remove too...its attached directly to the rear light bracket.

Thanks to Shorty, this is based off of his original design.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
I worked this up on 1/4 inch...its rock solid. I'll grind it down smooth, drill holes, tap them and then attach the bar I work up directly to it. My intent is to have the sissy bar easily removable but sturdy. Once I have it painted black, I think the mount will be hardly noticable when the bar is removed. If I want a cleaner look, the mount is easy to remove too...its attached directly to the rear light bracket.

Thanks to Shorty, this is based off of his original design.
I would get a ginz or do those type of mounts but they'll interfere with my turns since I mounted them to the sides just below the seat, hence why I would need to go with the honda bar or that new one that is flying around here, or just suck it up and fab my own, but I suck at welding as my side mount LP will indicated... lol.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts