Honda Fury Forums: banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Honda VT1300CX
35 Posts
You make an excellent point. But we've already used the service manual's troubleshooting with a multimeter, as well as a noid light so I'm not sure what else I can try. Short of having it hauled to a mechanic. I may end up just deciding on that anyway.

·
Super Moderator
3,407 Posts
Sounds like you have an intermittent connection that needs to be tracked down.

Plug the harness together as much as reasonable, stick safety pins in the farthest ends of the harnesses (where you don't have to pierce insulation, so some connectinos may have to stay apart), put your meter probes through the holes in the safety pin ends (crimp them a bit to hold the probes tight), and wiggle. Eventually the open should show up, then wiggle smaller and smaller areas to find the problem. (You can also bend a paperclip to fit in the harness with the wire and pin plus wrap around the meter lead.) If you set the meter to Ohms and Beep it'll tell you when you've touched the problem. It's kind of like fishin', patience and wigglin' will get you places.

--
Tails of my Trailer Park Lows:
My girlfriend spits chew through the gaps in her teeth.

·
Registered
2013 Honda VT1300CX
35 Posts
Good news - I installed a new ECU and it's running just fine now! Seems like a short in the pin(s) or the ECU itself was causing the open circuit. Thanks for all the help everyone, I don't know that I would have found the solution without it!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts