Honda Fury Forums: banner

No more quite fury!! (pics)

13K views 52 replies 24 participants last post by  Hydroboy35th 
#1 ·
Im tired of waiting for some aftermarket pipes, So I was going to do the baffel mod and that didnt turn out the way I wanted so I just left the muffler OFF! I made a bracket, did some cutting..Now, I will never get another comment about it being quite. heres pics

W/O the muffler:

Bracket using "hanger tape" and 3 bolts:

Attached to existing muffler bracket:

Finished, Cut the reducers and muffler bracket and painted:

Painted the tips of exhaust and bracket/bolts:

See less See more
#17 ·
No need to wait for pipes to come out these will work I just installed them on my bike http://www.furyforums.com/forum/honda-fury-general-discussion/290-exhaust-issue-solved.html. I had to make a bracket just as he did and the bike sounds pretty damn good. I picked up mine locally instead of ordering online because of my impatience so I spent about 370.00 bucks for the pipes and muffler and 5 bucks for the iron to make the bracket. Damn near as loud as the way you have yours set up now without the mufflers.

#3 ·
Hmmm... I'm not quite feeling it. That swing arm area looks weird without the exhaust in place.

#5 ·
I guess my setup is similar, I just have about 20+ inches more of pipe for my exhaust to travel through...

#14 ·
I like the look. when ever low and mean start selling ther pipes i'm going with the mayhem pipes. Your pics are not far off what they will look like. I also like the wrap look. Don't know how it would look on the fury but you have went this far why not try it.

#12 ·
Get some black exhaust wrap! At least it'll look "custom" :cool:

#22 ·
The popping has NOT gone away "completly", however, you can disguise it pretty good on decel just roll off the throttle easily and it wont pop, I did notice a slight decrease in torque due to backpressure loss, oh well...this is just a quick fix untill some aftermarket company(s) puts something out there!

#25 ·
I 2nd that! Looks Friggin' stupid! Should of just waited a month, RUSH Racing Products said they should have full systems and slip-ons available by the end of the month. If they sound and perform anything like their H-D pipes, they're gonna be Friggin' AWESOME!!!!!!

#26 ·
WAIT!!, I was tired of waiting.... And most of your custom looking pipes are going to leave the swing arm exposed so you better get used to it. Unless you want something that looks stock just sounds louder and that would be "friggin stupid" on a custom looking bike IMO!

#28 ·
What's the deal with all the rude people on here???? If he didn't try it, you wouldn't know if you like it or not. At least he had the balls to cut apart his exhaust to try to fix how quiet the bike is. What have you done (besides acting like an ass on here)?

#30 ·
Hey i was wondering if you had any codes flashing after you removed your mufflers or any popping or backfiring . because normally when change back pressure like this ,the bike will through a code.
The bike did not throw any codes!, popping/backfiring..yes, however after about 60 miles the ECU adjusted to a "point" so it does it less than when I first started it. It still needs a power commander though and when that becomes available I will get it, just like the exhaust!

#32 ·
Be nice! First and final warning...

Keep this on topic!

#33 · (Edited)
Unfortunately for riders in New Hampshire and the surrounding states they are very strict on load pipes. Motorcyclists revved up over Hub noise rule - The Boston Globe

This set up would definitely get you hassled and ticketed by the Police every time you started the bike. :(

I can deal with the quieter bike if it means less contact with the boys in Blue :)

#38 ·
Runs fine, Yes, the pair system injects air into the exhaust and causes the unburned gasses to ignite, the sound is there with stock pipes also, just alot harder to hear, when you change pipes, the decel popping / gurgling is more pronounced due to the louder pipes. Here are a couple of links, one is for 1300, one for 1800, I have done all three bikes and I thought the Fury was easiest, I filled the electrical connection with dielectric grease, just in case I need to replace the system
I have NOT done any California (50 state )models I know all of the matte silver are 50 state models, they will have the canister under the swingarm. www.MyVTX1300.com
Biglry's desmog mod for the VTX

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.