Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know it's got something to do with the clutch perch switch but I'll be damned if I can figure it out. After cutting off the mirror perch last night, I buttoned everything back up and now the bike won't start in gear with the clutch pulled in. If I jump the wires, it'll crank so I checked continuity on the switch in the perch and that's good too, but when I plug the wires back into the switch, it won't start unless it's in neutral.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
So I know it's got something to do with the clutch perch switch but I'll be damned if I can figure it out. After cutting off the mirror perch last night, I buttoned everything back up and now the bike won't start in gear with the clutch pulled in. If I jump the wires, it'll crank so I checked continuity on the switch in the perch and that's good too, but when I plug the wires back into the switch, it won't start unless it's in neutral.
Well, is it running yet? We need to know.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
There has got to be something we are missing here ... possibly the clutch isn't pulled in enough to start?
That little spring probably was either lost, or not seated right when he removed it. The plunger will slide out when removed. I eliminated the one on mine. Every time I took my lever off I had trouble getting it positioned right. It easy to break if it's not seated right.

·
Registered
481 Posts
That little spring probably was either lost, or not seated right when he removed it. The plunger will slide out when removed. I eliminated the one on mine. Every time I took my lever off I had trouble getting it positioned right. It easy to break if it's not seated right.
Thanks for the info. For future reference anyways!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's running fine. I'm just waiting for the day I leave it in gear and try to start it. I usually start it standing next to it because the air ride airs up quicker when I'm not sitting on it. I always look for that neutral light even before this issue started but I can see me being late for work and getting in a hurry. Oops! Lol! I've got the clutch circuit on my other bike bypassed too so hopefully, it won't be an issue. Should be used to it by now. That sucker has 150k miles on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Connect the wires together and eliminate that thing. It is a bothersome little cuss. It will start then, that switch is a break in the ground.
I agree, all those safety features can be a pain in the ass when they go bad !! I jumped out the seat switch on my John Deere and now I am the only person in the neighborhood who can get off my riding mower while it's running !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts