Honda Fury Forums: banner

noob

2K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Double R 
#1 ·
I'm Trucker. It's what I do for a living and is my nickname as well. I'm 32 and live in Rapid City, SD.

Just picked up a new DRM '10 Fury on Saturday, because my lifted Avalanche only gets 10mpg and I'm tired of $100 fill-ups. Previous bike was an '07 Hayabusa.

#3 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum Trucker. Your gonna love that Fury. Let's see some pics when you "Make it your Own". Any questions? Ask away. These Fury owners know everything!!!:) Just for your info. Don't expect the Fury to do 185mph like that Suzuki. Just a little over half that, but fast enough for me. How fast did you have that Hayabusa?

#5 ·
Thanks. Not sure what I'm gonna do to it yet. I've been customizing cars/trucks for almost 15 years...and did quite a bit to my busa before selling it last year.

I yanked the Honda/Fury stickers off the fender while they were going over the bike with me. I hate factory decals. Promptly replaced it with a Ruff Ryder decal I had in my truck.

The most important next step will be pulling the Honda badges off the sides, as well as the reflectors.

The main things will be pegs/grips/levers...recover the seats in some type of black skin (cobra/gator/ostreich)...possibly color-match the wheels to the bike color...maybe do some pipes from MFR (yeah, I've been watching his thread for a bit). Also need to change up the lighting. This bike needs LED's like I need a kinky midget.

#8 ·
welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike.

#11 ·
Can definitely meet up the first weekend of Bike Week. I work nights running linehaul for FedEx so weekdays are out, and the last weekend of Bike Week is our Ruff Ryders annual event for my chapter, so will be busy hosting and being drunk for 3 days.

I drive '99 p.o.s. Freightliner Century Class.

#12 ·
Quick question...is there anything peg/grips/mirrors/levers-wise that you can buy for a Harley or something that will work without modification on the Fury? Or does everything need to be specific/custom/adaptered? Thanks.

#15 ·
#18 ·
Even Motel 6 is $140+/night. Most people reserve their rooms a year in advance. My advice? Pack a tent and go old-school in someone's yard. Plenty of people do it. Way cheaper that way.

50,000 rooms in the black hills. 400,000+ bikers. Supply & demand is hard at work here. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.