Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a speed bump like usual but this one must have been higher or wider because I heard the scraping of the underbody - sounded bad but could not see any damage except for a broken LED bar with lights that was attached to the bottom portion of the frame. Any reason for concern or could I have damaged something underneath? Not sure what to be looking for - thanks!

Larry

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
you probably heard the bottom of the frame scraping. i did that the other day in a parking lot. sounds alot worse than it really is.

check out the underside again with a mirror. it might just be scraped. even the brake lines run alongside the frame rather than underneath. Actually, I swapped mine for Cannella stainless steel brake lines. they def. run along the inner portion of the lower frame.

as for your LEDs--that's the price we pay for looking good, I guess.

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Ouch!!! I know I would have had tears in my eyes <but blamed it on wind getting behind my sunglasses lol>, I have yet to scrap the bottom, I'm sure I will one of these days. I would agree that probably the most that happened would be that you scraped some paint on the bottom frame rails, I would get some touch up paint to keep it from getting any worse/rusting. Sorry to hear that you broke a set of LEDs but at least that's all that happened. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Everytime they grate my road i gotta Shovel the lip or i scrape. also the speed bumps at work so i try avoiding those as much as possible

·
Registered
276 Posts
Have a few small scuffs under my frame also... Small enough that I don't even recall how I did it... So for that and future scrapes what's the best touch up paint??? Hear Por 15 is good... Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
168 Posts
I know this might sound like a dumb question, but i was just thinking about this idea... Has anyone entertained the thought of spraying their whole frame with a black or color matched Rino kiltz bed liner? I have seen this before on tanks for street bikes/trick bikes and i thought it might look different, but i was thinking it would look cool if you got it color matched with your bike. I not sure about the tank but you could do that too. it would help with scapes and you can also tac weld some steel scape plates to the bottom of the frame

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.