Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Just a quick comment about the stickers. Hair dryer / heat gun works good. If you have residue left...use warm soapy water. I tried 'goof off' and it ate into the clearcoat and I had to buff it out. :mad:

Good luck with the Mods! :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up...I guess I'd rather take my time with a heat gun and soap than try a quick fix and screw something up.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Lol, everybody has their methods of getting those ugly things off... mine was a bent butter knife (to slowly pry it up, not hacksaw it out), slow steady hands and then rubbing alcohol followed for the excess, followed by some polish... :cool:

Also, fishing lines I heard works good too and some kind of compound to take off the excess.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
WD-40 Also works good.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was going to use Dental Floss for the reflectors...It worked good taking the badging off my car.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Have to second the WD-40 there Painter... I used the fishing line but it is a real pain in rear to pull the reflectors off. The ones on the forks I just simply twisted off but be careful with the rear ones if you use something to pry then with. Try and use something with a wide surface to lift with. If you can have someone pry while you use fishing line, it may help. :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
I tried 'goof off' and it ate into the clearcoat and I had to buff it out. :mad:

Good luck with the Mods! :)
Dang, I must have gotten lucky then. I used 'goo off' on mine with no problem. I must not have left it on long enough to do any harm. Or I have bad eye sight.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
"goo off" and "Goof Off" are two different products I think????? Goof Off is not citrus based. I believe both are used to take off adhesive residue but the "Goof Off" is stronger......

When I did it, I didn't need my glasses to fell the 'bite' it left. hahaha

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
Dang, I must have gotten lucky then. I used 'goo off' on mine with no problem. I must not have left it on long enough to do any harm. Or I have bad eye sight.
Looks good Shak. If you use the fishing line trick you might want to make sure to keep the pressure of the line toward the reflector side and not the fender or you will end up with some slight marks in the paint that dont come out and then we will both have something in common. Take it slow and good luck!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just started the modding process. Ordered Reaper exhaust and Kuryakyn signals. Gonna start taking the honda stickers and reflectors off this weekend.
You talking about Reaper exhaust from Friggin, Reaper slip ons from Raw Design, or something else?

·
Registered
12,518 Posts
lookin and soundin good. I used the dental floss method followed by wd 40 :)
I used hair dryer and pliers in a twisting motion, followed by Goo Gone. My pliers slipped off and left a nice little nick in the rear fender. You can't see the nick though. I just quit washing my bike so the dirt and mud hide it.:rolleyes: I tried and tried to keep this thing spotless, but one trip down the road and it's covered with bugs, so it didn't take long for me to just say screw it. It has scratches here, dirt over there, dead bugs over here. Clean or dirty, it runs the same and it's still fun to ride.

·
Premium Member
13,791 Posts
simple mastic remover will take the glue right off.dosent hurt the paint.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I actually just took the Honda badges off of the side covers last night. They just pulled right off and the adhesive came off with some Gunk degreaser. Worked like a charm and was quick. Just ordered my Chrome inserts to cover up the honda on the engine. So now to get the Honda sticker off the back and remove those reflectors.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
TL1000R

Hey Shak is that a TL1000R I spy in the background? I just sold mine to make room for a Fury.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Goof Off is primarly used to soften and remove dried latex paint, do not use on glossy surfaces, whereas Goo off or Goo be gone are adhesive removers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts