Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I got my very first motorcycle,2019 Honda Fury ABS, she is a beauty. I've always wanted to ride, but never got to it due to reasons, and I had friends that had motorcycles and I envy them. Anyways life is mean, hard, and harsh sometimes, but she is also compassionate, and gives you a break every here and there. Everything align and I had the chance to get it. Any pointers, advice, opinion is highly appreciated. (Sorry for any grammar mistake, English is not my first language).

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hello everyone,

I got my very first motorcycle,2019 Honda Fury ABS, she is a beauty. I've always wanted to ride, but never got to it due to reasons, and I had friends that had motorcycles and I envy them. Anyways life is mean, hard, and harsh sometimes, but she is also compassionate, and gives you a break every here and there. Everything align and I had the chance to get it. Any pointers, advice, opinion is highly appreciated. (Sorry for any grammar mistake, English is not my first language).
I got my very first motorcycle a couple of years ago. I saw a pic online of a blue 2010 Fury, its beauty "grabbed" me and didn't let go. The stars aligned and I was able to snag a 2016 blue one. I'd been wanting a chopper style bike since I saw all those guys cruising the Pacific Coast Hwy. when I was stationed in the San Francisco area before heading over to Vietnam. Still a newbie, and at 67 yrs. old, I'm cautious. My advice: take it slow and easy, she's a beast in hiding. The long wheel base takes a bit getting used to making U-turns. Get comfortable riding it stock before making any mods. Surf this forum by inserting any point of interest in the "Search Community" box, there's an abundance of good advice and information from Fury owners available. You'll be amazed. Ride safe and enjoy! Welcome to the forum from Gainesville, Florida. :geek:(y)

My 1st motorcycle.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Welcome from Alabama, and that being said my southern grammar ain't nuttin to brag about.

Excellent choice on bike.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
2010 Sabre / Fury hybrid
120 Posts
Welcome from Daytona Beach. 😎

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ride safe wa tut check out for idiot drivers where a helmet get good insurance and dont try and take a passenger until you totally comfortable with the bike .have fun stay safe GOD BLESS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much for the advice and response I will do my best to ride safe, and take all the precautions possibly. I have been taking it easy. Lastly, I'm located in Houston, Tx.

·
Registered
2010 Sabre / Fury hybrid
120 Posts
I was just looking at this thread again and was wondering.
Do you know about countersteer? You can't ride her like a bicycle.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
343 Posts
The one thing about this site and the bike you have is you will always have someone to help you when you need them
Ask before you buy and ask before you make a mistake now or in the years to come
Enjoy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was just looking at this thread again and was wondering.
Do you know about countersteer? You can't ride her like a bicycle.
The little that I know of the subject is due to the motorcycle course that I took, by no means I'm an expert, and definitely will be working on it. I want to say that I do counterstaining subconsciously, if that makes any sense. I'll be doing more research on the topic, thank you so much for the advice.

·
Registered
2010 Sabre / Fury hybrid
120 Posts
Check out this guys youtube videos, you will learn a lot.
counter steer

·
Registered
Rock Stock 2019 ABS
121 Posts
If you took a riding course then you are already ahead of most new riders as far as knowledge goes. Good job on that. And you also have a leg up on safety. Now practice what you learned and be careful for your first few months.

First 5 months (on the bike) and first 3 years (of street riding) are most dangerous. See stats here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you took a riding course then you are already ahead of most new riders as far as knowledge goes. Good job on that. And you also have a leg up on safety. Now practice what you learned and be careful for your first few months.

First 5 months (on the bike) and first 3 years (of street riding) are most dangerous. See stats here.
Wow!!! very interesting statistics, thank you for sharing, this is very helpful :)(y)

·
Super Moderator
3,090 Posts
For the most part, driving a motorcycle becomes dangerous when a person thinks they've become good at it--that's when something they've never seen nor expect hits them out of nowhere and they aren't prepared to manage the situation productively.

(I either ran over a penguin or a midget nun the other day, not sure which...)

·
Registered
101 Posts
For the most part, driving a motorcycle becomes dangerous when a person thinks they've become good at it--that's when something they've never seen nor expect hits them out of nowhere and they aren't prepared to manage the situation productively.

Quite true!

·
Registered
288 Posts

I only get a handful of chances to ride each month. I expect to ride like a newbie for quite some time. Keeping the head/eyes on swivels. Cagers don't even pretend to be driving sometimes...it's something annoying they contend with while focused on their texting. Stay safe out there!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts