Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the Cobra Speedster Slashdowns installed with the Fi2000R, Friday ...I wasn't sure if I should go with baffled or unbaffled. The dealer said if I want it to sound like a chopper go with no baffles. So no baffles. The bike sounded great, but I could tell a difference in performance. So this morning I put the baffles back in. Lost that real throaty sound it had. But the performance is much better. (more responsive, less popping) Dave said to drill holes in the baffles, but if I do that will I lose the performance??? Please help :confused: I don't know what to do. Does anyone know if its bad for the bike to have the baffles out?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Half the guys here are running with out. You have a FI, did you adjust to get lost performance back? Did you change intake. Work with your FI without baffles to get performance right, and then if you have slight backfiring problem, check thread; Pair Valve Removal by Fury Guy. It is not bad for bike as long as you have fuel set right. If need be you can drill or cut and drill b 1/2 baffels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response Mental. I've got the FI200R from Cobra. I really don't know what to do with that thing so I had the dealer install it. I figured they would make sure it was running optimal. (and the dealer took the baffles out) It seems so much faster since I put them back in. What to do....What to do????

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
No you don’t have to change the intake. If you don’t know anything about the Fi2000 and want the sound of the bike without the baffles, then take it back to the dealer and have them adjust the controller. You should be good to go.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Hang around here and read and study. Search button is your friend. If pipes are too loud, cut baffle in half and reinstall. If your dealer installed pipes and removed baffles and set your FI, in what order did they do it. ( stupid ? not really). Most on here have had to play with their fi. Read how to set FI instructions that came with it, and understand completely. After all that and bike is running good, if having some backfiring, study pair valve block off. The Forum is the place you want to be. Good Luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Baffled no more....I have taken the baffles out again after riding all day with them in.....They will stay out...It does sound great without baffles....I might have been a little apprehensive about getting on the throttle, but listening to everyone's input I have discovered it was me more than the bike....Very happy! Thank you, you guys are great. P.S. The rattling in my head (or helmet) happens either way.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
reason you lost power without was because the controller was set for your pipes with baffles. Simple adjustment fixes everything.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I just took my pipes completely off and set all the pots on the Fi2000r all the way up. Sounds really cool now....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I asked the Service Manager if them taking out the baffles would void my warranty? He said no. So hopefully I'm good to go.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I just took my pipes completely off and set all the pots on the Fi2000r all the way up. Sounds really cool now....:rolleyes:
That is soooooo cool, Steveo, (er, hot). You must be wearing pants with asbestos pants-legs! LOL. If the asbestos burns through, just pee in your pants (to put the fire out!). You da man............

Cheers

Reactions: Hivemaster
1 - 15 of 15 Posts