Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions for aftermarket grips that are more comfortable than the stock..or are they all just for looks?

my throttle hand tends to get a little numb on longer rides.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have kuryakun ISO grips and I love em

·
Registered
24 Posts
I get numb throttle hand after about 45 mins. Do the ISO grips really help out alot? Want to try them before using risers, just wasn't sure how much of a diffrence it would make.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
The Risors really helped both my back and the numbness in my hands..:D.. grips are on the menu $$..just runnin out of the green ..:eek:

·
Registered
886 Posts
I've never noticed numb hands but have experienced some numb fingers at times. I've always chalked it up to the gloves I was wearing. Pulling in the clutch and shaking it out while coasting for a few seconds was all I ever needed to get feeling back. I'm wondering how many of you that get numb hands are wearing gloves? I've noticed that grips are pretty pricey and maybe new gloves would be a cheaper option to try first. If anyone tries this, I'd like to know how it works for you.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I've never noticed numb hands but have experienced some numb fingers at times. I've always chalked it up to the gloves I was wearing. Pulling in the clutch and shaking it out while coasting for a few seconds was all I ever needed to get feeling back. I'm wondering how many of you that get numb hands are wearing gloves? I've noticed that grips are pretty pricey and maybe new gloves would be a cheaper option to try first. If anyone tries this, I'd like to know how it works for you.
I had the same problem for a while. I wear gloves even in Summer, and was always shaking them out at stops. I tried a pair of my cycling gloves with the gel pads and that helped greatly.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I use gloves all the time as well and often notice my hands need a shaking or too. Just feels too wierd to ride with out gloves so I use them all the time. But they do pinch at times in certain areas which will cause some numbing. Maybe I/we need to go up a size on the gloves?

As far as the bike goes I noticed it alot more on my CBR1000RR (Hands going numb) then the Fury for sure. Once the rest of this lame snow goes away and some sand is off the road I will ride more and figure this shit out.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Go with solid billet grips.

Billet aluminum grips will add to the look of your bike. They will help transfer vibration to your hands to enhance the true chopper experience. Billet grips will also help keep your hands warm in the hot summer sun & aid in keeping them cool when riding in cold weather.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Billet aluminum grips will add to the look of your bike. They will help transfer vibration to your hands to enhance the true chopper experience. Billet grips will also help keep your hands warm in the hot summer sun & aid in keeping them cool when riding in cold weather.
Lol... oh yea... Aluminum in cold weather on grips sometimes sucks... Had mine out in 40 degree Fahrenheit weather a couple of weeks back... my throttle hand kept getting numb because of the cold...

But, I love my grips for hot summer days :D

·
Premium Member
13,738 Posts
i wear single skin leather in the summer and realtree in the winter.dont have numb hands.

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Just get the ISO grips, you'll be glad you did..
Say goodbye to the numb hands..

Wow RSS, 40 degrees.. what a mutt...

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
i wear single skin leather in the summer and realtree in the winter.dont have numb hands.
It was seeping through the gloves... :eek:

Just get the ISO grips, you'll be glad you did..
Say goodbye to the numb hands..

Wow RSS, 40 degrees.. what a mutt...

What's up grandpa ... gotten any free-be's today :p

·
Registered
248 Posts
I had the same problem for a while. I wear gloves even in Summer, and was always shaking them out at stops. I tried a pair of my cycling gloves with the gel pads and that helped greatly.
where can i get a good set of cycling gloves with the gel pads? how much do they go for?

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I got them at my local bicycle shop. Most towns have a Schwinn or similar store. I don't remember the price but I don't think they were more than $15.00....then. :D
Or plenty of online stores like..............Clothing by Category - brandscycle.com

where can i get a good set of cycling gloves with the gel pads? how much do they go for?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Can anyone tell me how big the Hury Iso Grips are, does it feel like your holding a beer can or very close/same siz as stock?

I like them and I'm really considering getting them, I'm just worried that will feel to fat. I don't have small hands but I have seen some grips that just seem to big to hold on too.

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
+1, I just added a Kury throttle lock so I can let go and shake off the numb hand. They also just came out with a wider throttle boss too.
I am getting ready to add the ISO Grips #6240 and the ISO Throtttle Boss # 6250

What do you mean by "Kury throttle lock"? Are you referring to the Mechanical Throttle Cruise Assist?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts