Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Has anyone put chome nut covers on their fork nuts or stem nut?

Just looking for some recommendations... And pics if you've got 'em handy...

Cheers :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
i put these on from Raw Designs last year. easy install. theres a big plastic washer inside. place it on the fork, cover the cap with a rag or towel and carefully tap with a rubber mallet.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i put these on from Raw Designs last year. easy install. theres a big plastic washer inside. place it on the fork, cover the cap with a rag or towel and carefully tap with a rubber mallet.

They are really nice - but I'd be worried about them working loose... I guess they are a VERY snug fit.

Can't tell from the pic - stem nut cover too?

·
Registered
560 Posts
They are really nice - but I'd be worried about them working loose... I guess they are a VERY snug fit.

Can't tell from the pic - stem nut cover too?
They wont come come loose. Theyre really on there. In fact i gotta take em off next week and im not sure how im gunna do it.

Just have the first covers.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
I think I remember another thread with photo's of the others option choices. I made some out of some stilleto grip ends. No need for any on the new eight degree tree's

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I remember another thread with photo's of the others option choices. I made some out of some stilleto grip ends. No need for any on the new eight degree tree's

Cheers Dave. I did a search before posting, but didn't come across anything.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Honda OEM ones are a good look and they set screw down.
Hey Fishman. I don't think they do a stem nut though, and I'd like a consistent look for all 3.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
I remember RSS had some nice looking ones before he went with the new tree's. You might want check in with him for some input.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought the Accutronix Tribal Fork Nut Covers to match the forward controls I got from them.

Very happy to have more sharp points to keep the "touchers" away from my bike!
I'll google them... And there was I thinking I'd just have to choose between flat and domed :)

I remember RSS had some nice looking ones before he went with the new tree's. You might want check in with him for some input.
Cheers Dave, I'll PM him :)

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I'll google them... And there was I thinking I'd just have to choose between flat and domed :)
You might check about those laws in Oz.
Another of your blokes Down Under couldn't buy a D&M spike (pointy) air intake for safety reasons/laws. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
these are on 8 degree trees.
Dang - this is not going to be an easy choice... Cheers.

Another of your blokes Down Under couldn't buy a D&M spike (pointy) air intake for safety reasons/laws. :rolleyes:
Hey StPeteAPB - yeah - that was me. Although you can buy the spike here (through a rep for D&M at a massively increased price), it would be a cop magnet if I fit it...

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
yea i know what you mean,but here in va they dont care how you die.lol

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Hey StPeteAPB - yeah - that was me. Although you can buy the spike here (through a rep for D&M at a massively increased price), it would be a cop magnet if I fit it...
OMG, that's funny. :p
(that i referred you to speak to you)

I don't get that whole spike intake thing, at all. If they feel it could hurt someone, don't the see the person would get hit with the handle bar long before the spike got them??

·
Registered
574 Posts
i used the ends of my oem grips. used a little silicone to glue them in place. on the center nut used the inside chrome bezel also from the grip.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OMG, that's funny. :p
(that i referred you to speak to you)

I don't get that whole spike intake thing, at all. If they feel it could hurt someone, don't the see the person would get hit with the handle bar long before the spike got them??
Yeah - I thought so too :)
I agree - but given the spike would make any impact worse... No arguing. Anyways, I have my second choice sitting in the garage, waiting for my L&M spike adapter (chrome) to arrive... I have the 'bullet' spike, with 180 deg slots :)

i used the ends of my oem grips. used a little silicone to glue them in place. on the center nut used the inside chrome bezel also from the grip.
Ingenious! A practical application of recycling :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts