Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else out there as OCD about keeping their Fury clean as I am. Think I need to go see a physc. Can't ride it without coming home and cleaning it. Stays in my garage and usually is not even close to being dirty, but still clean it. Used to be that way about my car but now am ignoring it and putting all the effort in the Fury. God, I need help!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I might be a little less anal about it but still I like to keep her clean. This is one reason I haven't yet chromed the wheels. I love chrome but couldn't bear to see chrome that doesn't shine -- not sure I want the extra work.

... I'll probably chrome the wheels this winter. :)

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Anyone else out there as OCD about keeping their Fury clean as I am. Think I need to go see a physc. Can't ride it without coming home and cleaning it. Stays in my garage and usually is not even close to being dirty, but still clean it. Used to be that way about my car but now am ignoring it and putting all the effort in the Fury. God, I need help!!!!!!!!!
Right there with you!

I have only put water on her 1 in 2 years other than that its S100 detail and always clean before I put away.
Bike still looks awesome 2 years old this July:cool:

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
maybe its a thing that comes with the bike when you buy it.

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Maybe you need to have half of my laziness and I need to take half of your obsession. I haven't cleaned my bike since the end of last summer. It's covered with the corpses of thousands of bugs and there's dust and dirt all over it.

I plan on cleaning it, but just haven't got around to it yet. When the weather is nice enough to wash it, I can't resist taking it out and riding it instead.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
When the bike is parked I have had people ask about the chrome and cleaning. Mostly sideways comments trying to get a reaction from me...got to love people. I personally do not see any more work than before.

Just wash and hand dry the bike and your done….I had to dry my old rims anyways.

The advantage is the bike pops with some contrast.

The problem for me is not the chrome it is the black...I could wash that thing then ten minutes later come back and see dust already.

I bought a detailing product that you spray and wipe off for in between washes...Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer.

This works great to get the dust off without washing the hole bike.

Ride safe

Dwane

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm just like you man, I even take a nice micro fiber towell on the ride for when I stop! Thought I was the only nut!

·
Registered
829 Posts
I might be a little less anal about it but still I like to keep her clean. This is one reason I haven't yet chromed the wheels. I love chrome but couldn't bear to see chrome that doesn't shine -- not sure I want the extra work.

... I'll probably chrome the wheels this winter. :)
I have thought about powder coating a lot of the parts black instead of chroming for this exact reason, but I plan to break down and chrome everything this winter too.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
This is the great thing about having a matte bike !!!!
Not so fast Billy, I think I am as OCD as the worst of them, even when I am installing a new part and have to remove things I use that time to get to places I otherwise cannot reach and clean in the middle of installation. That's why it usually takes me longer.

Water spots on the matte don't show nearly as much as the do on a shiny bike . I usually wipe my bike down with pledge and that's it done !
Pledge is a type of wax isn't it ? Doesn't it build up over time on the matte finish ?

I keep my bike in the garage, and under a cover at all times. Before and after every ride I wipe it down, especially the bugs. I hate water spots, dust, bugs and dirt on my rides. I have taken 12 hours to detail and clean my squad car before :eek: I enjoy doing things like that, especially with a few cold ones and good tunes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ride & Clean!:D I bought a tool bag for the bike,so I could carry "Quick Detailer",and a Microfiber cloth with me!:D When I get to my destination,I give it a quick wipe down (damn bugs),then when I get back home,I do it again! You can't have your bike too clean!:D Yeah,it's a sickness! Ron

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Occasionally give mine a wipe down.....but not detailed.....park it in a carport without a cover, ride down gravel road to get to highway......hard to keep totally clean.....Hot, muggy and my glasses fog up.....:(

·
Registered
370 Posts
I keep terrycloth, microfiber, and shammy within reach at all times. Even a little dust on the bike drives me nuts.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Not so fast Billy, I think I am as OCD as the worst of them, even when I am installing a new part and have to remove things I use that time to get to places I otherwise cannot reach and clean in the middle of installation. That's why it usually takes me longer.

Pledge is a type of wax isn't it ? Doesn't it build up over time on the matte finish ?

I keep my bike in the garage, and under a cover at all times. Before and after every ride I wipe it down, especially the bugs. I hate water spots, dust, bugs and dirt on my rides. I have taken 12 hours to detail and clean my squad car before :eek: I enjoy doing things like that, especially with a few cold ones and good tunes.
yes pledge is a type mild wax I believe but I have had no issues with it . My bike is as dull as the day I bought it ! No problems with any build up neither . When I was the bike I use a terry clothe and or micro fibre cloth to dry her up and I use my compressor to get in all the tight spots as well as the engine fins .

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hehe... You guys would have a heart attack if you saw my bike :)

Until last week it was black with a nice green tint (pollen!) but then I got caught in a thunderstorm and now it looks like bike has camo paint. That's why I posted earlier asking about spray on cleaner. BTW, local dealer no longer carries Hondabrite, so I got whatever they had as a replacement. Can remember the name now (I'm at work) but will try it this weekend.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Our bikes still look good dirty!!!!:cool: I was at that benefit ride last weekend and they had the usual best bike contests.....I never enter those, not my cup of tea, but two of the judges kept trying to get me to enter it.....

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Your not alone! I spray mine with polish every time I ride it! PSYCHO!!!

I noticed your from Greensboro NC. My parents live in Taylorsville. I also have family in Greensboro.
No I am not a hillbilly!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts