Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to put chrome OEM wheels on my bike and was wandering who does the best chrome work and a figure of $ and if you had them put on at the dealer what is a ballpark figure that he charged you for the installation. I know some of you have had this done and it really makes the bike look better.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I will be going to Bikes2NV tomorrow to have mine swapped out. I removed the wheels from the bike and will be taking them in. They will be swapping over my tires and rotors, installing new bearings, chrome valve stems, and balancing. Total price was 1098 with OTD (paid deposit to get first set in so I know the price). It would have been around 50 more if I rode the bike into the shop. I see its a little far for ya, but just a good idea of cost. See if your chromer will do the hammer test.

Contact Bikes2NV | Chrome Motorcycle Wheels | Chrome Wheel Exchange | Custom Seats | Columbus, Ohio

·
Registered
145 Posts
Spoke with Al from Bikes2NV a couple of times in early November... I had heard great things about their work, and he really impressed me as a stand-up guy. Once the snow goes, I'll be riding down to Columbus (for me, it makes more sense to do the ride than ship the rims back & forth out of Canada... there's a rip-off for you... costs pennies to ship to the border, but the extra 50 miles past the border costs about a two bucks a mile!) to buy the chromed OEM's from them.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well since I am in Texas that is probably out of the question for me driving there to have them swapped out not tha tthe ride would be great but food and motel room would probably eat al the savings up, but a least this is a base line figure for me. Thanks guys

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have heard nothing but good things about Stumpwerks. They have my kickstand now for chroming and getting ready for my wheels. Speak with Paul there if you want to get a feeling for their professionalism and how they do the chroming.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Spoke with Al from Bikes2NV a couple of times in early November... I had heard great things about their work, and he really impressed me as a stand-up guy. Once the snow goes, I'll be riding down to Columbus (for me, it makes more sense to do the ride than ship the rims back & forth out of Canada... there's a rip-off for you... costs pennies to ship to the border, but the extra 50 miles past the border costs about a two bucks a mile!) to buy the chromed OEM's from them.
Hey Two Wolves
I might be interseted in doing that trip & getting my rims changed also:cool:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I too am going to go with Bikes2NV for my chrome wheels.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Cycle 1 Performance did my wheels ($700), Rotors ($175), Clutch perch ($60) & both switch covers ($50 pair). They did everything in 30 days too. I know most will have to ship him your parts, but I would call him (Carl is the owner) numbers at the top of his site... CYCLE 1 PERFORMANCE. He's a good guy and fair priced. He ground down the casting marks as well as the finish to a mirror shine!

Attachments

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have heard nothing but good things about Stumpwerks. They have my kickstand now for chroming and getting ready for my wheels. Speak with Paul there if you want to get a feeling for their professionalism and how they do the chroming.

Nothing to do with dragboat's wheels, but thanks for the comment on Stumpwerx. Just got email from Paul and am sending him my rear hub asby this week.:D

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I may have to take that back. It would appear that depending on the shop it can take as long as 8 weeks to get parts chromed. Sheesh, i better get on it then, huh?

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
mine went to be chromed and est was 30 days.yea right.122 days later and two bouts with bbb and they finally sent them to me.it wasnt my rims either.had a broken bolt where the front disc bolted on.if you want the name pm me.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
It is worth the effort to ship your wheels to Al at Bikes2NV. He has done a couple of parts for me and they are dead on perfect. Stonewheel also had them do his wheels and I have personally seen them and they look great. Mental even recommends them if that means anything to you!

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
30 days seems like a long time to chrome.
I brought my wheels to Al at bikes2NV.He exchanged them for chrome and sent me on my way in 2 hours.He took by lower forks to be chromed and my rotors to be polished and shipped them to me in 3 weeks.I recommend him highly.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is worth the effort to ship your wheels to Al at Bikes2NV. He has done a couple of parts for me and they are dead on perfect. Stonewheel also had them do his wheels and I have personally seen them and they look great. Mental even recommends them if that means anything to you!

Well looks like I may be shipping my wheels to Al at bikes2NV he looks honest in the picture but I am not sure about the shyster in the picture with him. He looks a lttle shady:D

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I have first-hand experience and a thread about Classic Components in California. I'll come back and update this post with a link.

I also have dealt with StumpWerx for my kickstand and they, too, do great work and a comparable exchange program.

Bikes2NV does NOT exchange (send you wheels first and you send yours back to get a core-charge refund) when last I inquired.

Here are the links I promised:
Here's the price rollup:
Here's the total outlay on my end, which is why I'm done [for awhile]:
Chrome Wheels (after core charge refund): $650
Polished Rotors (after core charge refund): $115
FedEx Ground to return 23"x23"x24"x78lbs: $67
All new bearings, seals and chrome stems: $174
Labor for Tire swap, balance, wheel prep, etc: $394

Grand Total: $1400

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey Two Wolves
I might be interseted in doing that trip & getting my rims changed also:cool:
Yo Diesel... I'd be down for that if we can coordinate our schedules... It's about a 6.5 hour run from TO (provided you schedule the border crossing at the right time of day/night)... Let's chat as the weather breaks up.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts