Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm unable to to remove this so i can put my morton pipes on. it is hitting both the rear tire as well as the frame. what to do? im out of ideas

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
i'm unable to to remove this so i can put my morton pipes on. it is hitting both the rear tire as well as the frame. what to do? im out of ideas
jack up the bike?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont have a jack and i dont think that would help because the intructions say it will slide out the back once the bolts i have removed are out. i'm just curious if someone else has run into this issue and how they overcame it....

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Stock pipe bracket, you can't get it to slide out after you have bolts removed ?

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
there is a twist and wiggle involved also

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
nope...its its hitting the tire and frame
If it is just taking the stock one out, slide to rear, while you rotate counter clockwise, then lift the rear up. I think that is how I got mine out.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
My standard response to such dilemmas; drill and blast. Or plasma cutter. LOL.

Cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it is just taking the stock one out, slide to rear, while you rotate counter clockwise, then lift the rear up. I think that is how I got mine out.
thanks Troop...im only one man but i lifted the sucker!!

stay tuned...i might have questions about install later lmao

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
My standard response to such dilemmas; drill and blast. Or plasma cutter. LOL.

Cheers
As a union carpenter, I would get a bigger hammer! Unless the bike is Black. then be gentle and take your time.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
thanks Troop...im only one man but i lifted the sucker!!

stay tuned...i might have questions about install later lmao
No problem, glad I actually had something to contribute to someone on here , lol.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
No problem, glad I actually had something to contribute to someone on here , lol.
Oh sure, typical Peace Officer; just whip-out your .357 and blow the sum-b off'a there! LOL.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I got some det cord that we can use to get that out of there lol, j/k of course. I'm surprised to hear that your having that hard of a time getting that out, I had no issues at all. Good choice on the Morton Inferno's, that's what I have, think I'm going to wrap those bad boys up to the rear bracket and show off that chrome tailpipe, good luck with that rear bracket.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
new pipes are on and sound BAD ASS!! the infernos exceeded my expectations when it comes to the sound!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you have the baffles in, wait until you take them out.:eek:

Very loud!!
this is my first bike and mod. i didnt grow up with bikes. i know what baffles are but i would have no clue how to take them out let alone know if they're even in lmao!!...i'm learnin as i go

1 - 20 of 31 Posts