Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone wanna give me a few pointers on how to remove this thing without breaking it prior to me stomping my feet and holding my breath like a 3 year old? I watched l&m's video but i still feel like im gunna break it. If no one has any tips is there anyone willing to part with one :D

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Good luck! Even if you follow the directions there is a pretty good chance of breaking off the small tabs that hold it in position. That thing is very poorly designed and real piece of crap! I would suggest picking out a nice aftermarket grill and be done with it once and for all. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
CAREFULLY rip it off

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I have a 3 piece one that I threw in the trash that you can have. It started life as a 1 piece but after I got through with it it is now 3. But my new Irate grill looks simply awsome.LOL :D If I was giving advice on how to remove without breaking you wouldn't want it.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
I have a 3 piece one that I threw in the trash that you can have. It started life as a 1 piece but after I got through with it it is now 3. But my new Irate grill looks simply awsome.LOL :D If I was giving advice on how to remove without breaking you wouldn't want it.
dragboat, thats some funny shit! I have the twin to yours also in the trash can.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Warm it up some how ie. run the motor till the fan kicks on, blow dryer or heat gun
get your fingers in the grooves and pull it straight to the right (or left) gently about 1/4" to release from tab then to the front.
once you have that side off push it to the other side then remove. reverse for reinstall. but get it warm first. warming it makes it more flexible

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Actually I'm in the market for one right now . So any suggestions will help . I am looking for something black that I wint have to powder coat because I am tired of powder coating but if there is something out there super cool I don't mind doing one more piece . Suggestions please ?????

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
seriously it breaks that easily?? mine almost fell off going down my dirt road, I pulled it off in 1 piece when i did my irate

·
Registered
2,389 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
I've got an extra OEM shroud if you break yours taking it off. :)

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
I'll take $10 plus shipping. I was going to Paint the OEM but went with Irate instead.

PM if you want it.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
dragboat, thats some funny shit! I have the twin to yours also in the trash can.
Dave we must have used the same removal technic "Grab Snatch and Chunk" with one fluid motion. dang we b good:D I can't spell worth a flip. Better make that 3 fluid motions

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Mine comes off pretty easy with this technique:

- jack up the bike so I can get under there and see the tabs.
- grab the bottom of the shroud and pull hard to the right while watching for clearance on the bottom-left tab.
- once clear, pull the bottom-left corner of the shroud gently away from the radiator.
- with the bottom-left free, pull the bottom of the shroud to the left to free the bottom-right.
- again grab the bottom of the shroud and pull to the right this time watching the top-left tab.
- once clear, pull the top left corner gently away from the radiator.
- you are done.

I find the bottom to be more difficult and the key for me is to be able to see what's going on, work one corner at a time and resist the temptation to yank it off.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yea i saw that this morning. If he can figure how to mount the spoiler and get rid of the gaps i might to it too. For now ill have to do with stock.
I am pretty sure I will have the mount problem solved soon. as for the gaps, I am affraid they will not go away. However I dont think they will look bad. but we will see.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts