Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any stock foot controls they want to sell?
Looking specifically for the brake and shift pedals.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am looking for the standard OEM placement foot pegs and shifter / rear brake pedals. I'm 5'4" and I bought it with extended foot controls thinking I can get used to it but truth of the matter is I am having a hard time breaking and shifting. Any one who is willing to trade for my extended foot pegs and shifter pedals?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I would think that this one will be easy to make happen. Good luck, and welcome.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I am looking for the standard OEM placement foot pegs and shifter / rear brake pedals. I'm 5'4" and I bought it with extended foot controls thinking I can get used to it but truth of the matter is I am having a hard time breaking and shifting. Any one who is willing to trade for my extended foot pegs and shifter pedals?
I have a take off set of OEM controls. PM me

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
If you find that the originals are still too long, I can make you a set that moves everything further back than stock. Includes modified peg plates, modified OEM brake pedal, and modified OEM shifter pedal, too move everything back 2" additional inches from stock.

·
Registered
18 Posts
How would I know the difference between the OEM and the ones I have right now? I purchased my bike with Extended Accutronix replacement so I do not how to tell the difference. See attached photos

Attachments

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
How would I know the difference between the OEM and the ones I have right now? I purchased my bike with Extended Accutronix replacement so I do not how to tell the difference. See attached photos
I just sent you a PM about this with a video so you can see the difference. In a nutshell though, the Accutronix uses a built in slave/master cylinder for the brake side. Which means you take off the OEM one for the rear. The OEM brake pivot bracket gets removed, and the OEM brake hardline gets removed to the junction block. The OEM shifter rod (drive side) gets removed. Horn is relocated. Those are basically all the takeoffs to install the set that you have, along with the foot controls/brackets.

·
Registered
18 Posts
All that sounds complex and confusing to me though. I am going to see if someone local can help me out before I take the next step. Accutronix part prices like these are about $900 - $1000 and what bothers me is, it came attached to the price sticker I just paid for the bike.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
All that sounds complex and confusing to me though. I am going to see if someone local can help me out before I take the next step. Accutronix part prices like these are about $900 - $1000 and what bothers me is, it came attached to the price sticker I just paid for the bike.
It's not too bad but yes, it's about a $1k system new. Also unfortunately with mods, to some they add value to the bike and to some the value should not be increased with mods, and to others even, it decreases the value. Which one of these is up to the potential buyer depending on what their time and $$ is worth to do it themselves or already have the parts installed on the bike. When I purchased the bike (and vehicles for that matter) they were all lightly modded...things that I would have had to pay full price to do and install the items, that were already done for me. So for me, the price I pad was worth it because it was essentially "cheaper" than I could do it myself if I was starting from OEM.

It sounds in your case like the mod was not worth the price they "increased" due to the aftermarket parts. Worth to see if the dealership would give you some $$ back and install the stock bits back on the bike...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Alright, I contacted the same dealer and they asked me to come back to take a look and see what they do. Fortunately, when I took the bike back, they realized they can help also they have a Honda Stateline with very similar lay out to the Fury. The swap can be done free of charge so I will be taking my Fury early tomorrow.for the work. :)

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Alright, I contacted the same dealer and they asked me to come back to take a look and see what they do. Fortunately, when I took the bike back, they realized they can help also they have a Honda Stateline with very similar lay out to the Fury. The swap can be done free of charge so I will be taking my Fury early tomorrow.for the work. :)
The Stateline has different controls than the Fury.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Who cares your bike looks great !!!!! I did make thing cut off license plate holder and kept oem brake light and directionals

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’m more than satisfied with my new foot controls. New floor boards, bigger brake pedal and heel & toe shifter. It feels amazingly comfortable.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts