Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought my son a used quad in great shape today its a 2000 yamaha warrior 350 off a friend who hasn't used it in 7 years . installed new battery today and took carb off cleaned it and put back on started right up ran fine until I shut it off it leaked a half a tank of fuel on my garage floor and my house stinks now . Lol..... it leaked out lower over flow hose that come out of the reservoir where the floats are . Wondering if the floats are stuck open ??? Should I rebuild The carb or is it something stupid ? There has to be someone on here with some experience ????

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Something is stuck under the needle, been setting that long you should replace the needle and seat in the carb bowl.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Something is stuck under the needle, been setting that long you should replace the needle and seat in the carb bowl.
So clue should I just buy a carb rebuild kit for $20 ? Just found a how to video to rebuild the carb ...

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Not too sure about Yamaha rebuild kits, it is probably a couple of o rings, gaskets, and the needle and seat, so probably, I've never seen a rebuild kit without the needle/seat, but make sure before you order.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not too sure about Yamaha rebuild kits, it is probably a couple of o rings, gaskets, and the needle and seat, so probably, I've never seen a rebuild kit without the needle/seat, but make sure before you order.
Ok thanx dude going to check and see what's in the kit . Probably go this route before I pay a shop . Thanx for the help....

·
Registered
724 Posts
Temporary fix is to tap the bowl with a screwdriver. I would rebuild it after something sat for 7 years. The gaskets are probably really dry too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts