Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody found good prices for PRO HONDA GN4 4 STROKE ENGINE OIL 10W-40 1 GALLON and oil filters?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I recently bought an oil change kit of eBay. Oil filter, two crush washers and four quarts Honda gn4. Think it was around $50 shipping included. The seller was a Honda dealer.

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,557 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
That's a good deal if you don't mind buying by the case.

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi everybody, haven't had to do oil as yet, bike is new to me and oil was done at dealership on purchase. Dumb question, but is oil level checked with kickstand down or do I have to stand it upright and check it? Thanks for the answers and please no disrespectful or harsh answers as this is a serious question that I don't know the answer to. No owners manual was available upon my purchase.
Thanks again, and safe riding to all!

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Upright
here is a link to the manual.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bought my bike two years old 2018 but with only 54 miles on it. At what mileage is my bike due its first oil change from me? The dealer changed it upon my purchase. This is an unusual situation for me.
Thanks guys, Bill C

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Bought my bike two years old 2018 but with only 54 miles on it. At what mileage is my bike due its first oil change from me? The dealer changed it upon my purchase. This is an unusual situation for me.
Thanks guys, Bill C
Typically you would do a 600 mile change, along with valve adjustment and inspection. You should get the valve adjustment done. So I would get the oil changed then too.

·
Super Moderator
3,169 Posts
The valve adjustment isn't difficult, just time consuming (hence the expensive cost of having the shop do it). If you're fairly handy it's an interesting project that will familiarize you with the top end and is quite worth it if your a Do-It-Yourself type of person. Oil is simple and pretty fast. The service manual is available for download, so it becomes a follow-the-directions sort of thing. We're happy to help new owners with such endeavors, so you're not on your own if you want to give it a shot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts